Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Selling advise 2000 Case LT2

Bayrat ยท 2008-09-20 20:11

I have a Case LT2 extendahoe 4x4 that I may sell in the near future given that my wife was transferred into a different city and we may relocate. I purchased the machine last fall to clear some land but due to the wet summer here I have only put about 10 hours or so on it. Machine was serviced at 26oo +- hours or thereabouts and is tight as can be. It was used primarily for snow removal so has a rusty hood and cab doors that are very rusty, especially at the bottom. The rubber is all new and I had the fluids and filters changed. Question is, would it be worth it for a resale to have someone repaint the machine? I can purchase new doors for $1300 each but again, not sure if that is going to be beneficial. I checked the internet and going price is over 30k but if I did nothing to it I would probably be asking around 27k. Any thoughts? How is the market on this type of equipment with the housing issues and so forth? Thanks in advance for opinions!

Replies8
  1. #1fireman0502008-09-20 23:16

    pics would be good

  2. #2Bayrat2008-09-21 08:37

    This is the best picture I have at the moment.

  3. #3Duke2008-09-21 16:44

    For sellers, the market sucks about as bad as it could right now. Lots of companies going belly-up, lots of equipm,ent for sale, so supply is high & money is tight. Without knowing more about the condition and a new set of doors, I'd say low 30's. I was looking at Super L X-hoes in the mid 30's with less hours and less rust. On the doors: I think it's hit or miss. Some guys won't care as much as others. I would say the Super L doors are rusted on almost every one I looked at, just like the older CATs, except they had rusted floors, too. The Super M's are much better. I would replace the doors if you have the $$ to put into it. I think they were a big turn off to me as a recent buyer. You won't get all your money back, but if you put "new doors" in your ad text, you'll get more interest. I had my hood painted for $200 and it really makes my rig look a LOT better. Clear as mud?

  4. #4Bayrat2008-09-21 18:03

    Thanks for the thoughts, we are pretty much on the same page with this. I was thinking well below 30 with the hood painted, the rest is not in bad shape other than the doors which as you said, can be a turn off.

  5. #5Duke2008-09-21 19:09

    I just noticed you have a rear hydraulic outlet for a breaker, etc. That's a valuable feature. I'd think it makes your machine worth another 2K.

  6. #6Bayrat2008-09-23 21:59

    I really did not figure that remote was worth that much, thanks!

  7. #7turco580superl2008-11-15 14:39

    Ihave the same problem, rusty bottom doors, any luck...what was your solution....I need to do something.

  8. #8Bayrat2008-11-15 17:44

    Well, the wife and I are hanging tight with the house until she tries the commute this winter. We are both struggling with selling just to be closer to a city we don't want to live in. If we move, we may do another state eventually. One we can better afford to live in. Plan is to remove the hood and possibly the doors this winter and have them welded up and painted as needed. Got to be cheaper than 1300 per door to replace.