Guy wants to buy my CT332. He's offering about what I paid for the thing in 2009. I've only put 400 hours on it since then (it has 1500 total). I thought about selling it and upgrading to a newer model if I can find one for the same money. I will have around $40K to spend. JD, Case, Cat and Bobcat are my only options due to dealerships in my area. Cat and JD are the best dealers around here. I want a nice quiet cab and I dont want any smaller machine than what I have now. Cat salesman said a 289C is probably what I need but he's not sure if he can find one for that price. If I cant get a newer, nicer machine for $40K I will just keep what I have. What ya'll think?
You may have a hard time finding anything better for that money. Kick in 10K or so and you have a better chance.
If you only average 70 hrs a year I would probably keep it. The newer skidsteers are bringing a lot more than the 40,000 mark, and how much money do you want to tie up for those few hours.
How's the engine hold up on the 289c? I found a few that interest me.
Finding a machine like you are looking for in that price range in tough. We where looking for the same thing about a month ago and could not find squat. They either had a ton of hours or where really close to a new price. Ended up buying a new JD 333e. With the finance rates there running right now it didn't make sense to buy something used with low hours only to save 10'000.