I've shipped some small items from canada into the states. I'm looking at a truck that's in Canada, its a 1998 KW and it has the epa tag on the engine. Its more than 25 years old, so I think from what I've been reading, that makes it easier. Anyone do this with a truck? I know hallback was looking at shipping a yarder down, just wondering if anyone else has any experience. Strong dollar makes things a little cheaper up there. Thanks
I bought a used Case ag tractor from Bryans Equipment in puslinch Ontario, they hauled it no problems. BRYAN'S FARM | Trucking Bryan's Trucking & Transportation Services delivers products purchased through our Auctions and Retail Business, as well as general freight, agricultural and construction equipment. bryansfarm.com
Export duties, plus done correctly brokerage with all paper work to license in your state. Some info here. Don't know how Missouri is but Washington State all T's crossed and I's dotted when importing a commercial vehicle from Canada. * 12 Questions to Ask Before Buying a Truck from Canada and Importing it into the USA - Truck News We sat down with two of Maxim’s foremost experts with up-to-date and hands-on experience selling vehicles from Canada to the United States. Mark www.trucknews.com
I bought a 2000 KW out of Manitoba in 2017. It was through a dealer, and the deal was that the dealer brought it into Montana for us. They did obtain a new epa sticker from Cat before taking it across the border. As I recall they charged me around $1000 to bring it across the border. No other fees involved. I can pull out the paperwork to verify this if you would like. Edit to add: The truck had originally been licensed in Washington state and then exported to Manitoba. I'm not sure if that makes a difference. My banker told me that the wire transfer required a bit of faith as they (my bank) had no recourse once funds were transferred out of the country. We had no issues, but the transfer took a couple of days.
Thanks for the info- I shouldn't need any more paperwork. I had parts shipped from New Zealand in a similar fashion, life is sometimes about taking chances. Truck is on a Ritchie Bros auction, and they supposedly are capable of handling this. But in reading the fine print, they sub the brokering out to a 3rd party. Truck would make a great counterweight hauling truck for me, but it has to go cheap to make it worth it. Exchange rate really helps right now. https://www.rbauction.com/idp/1998-kenworth-c500-6x4-bed-truck?invId=14436907&id=ci&auction=edmonton-ab-2024212
That truck's a hoss. It should be able to carry a weight or three. Has air to the rear so you could add a pintle and pull a heavy tag trailer as well. FWIW I've had good luck shipping through Iron Planet which is now part of Ritchie. Nothing out of the country though.
You darn sure wouldn't have to worry about tearing it up getting into rough sites. That would probably weigh well over 30k though if I were to guess.
I've thought of doing that as a way to get a second set of weights to site, without adding a full length semi. Have the cheeks/ second load of weights on a pintle trailer, that I could just hook up to and bring the next 20-25k of weights.
Vehicle Imports – Davidson & Sons Customs Brokers Ltd. www.davidsonandsons.com
Might be worth phoning the A-1 Logistics company and quiz then about the unit. Also you could find a mechanic to go through it for you.
Nothing about that truck says "cheap".
If all else fails, you and I will fly up there and sneak it back across the border in the dark of the night. What could go wrong? We might go to jail but we’ll have some laughs along the way.
I'll join in this adventure too
Those super fancy chicken sticks will make it sell awful high.
Nisku is 1/2 an hour from me. It's RB's busiest site in N. America so they should be able or have haulers they deal with to look after everything. They will freely give contact info to the consignor. Often better items will have service records and repair work receipts in the office that potential buyers can look at. There's usually a note in the listing catalogue, additional items for this lot in the office. I need to look through that auction to see if there's any attachments or small items I could use. If you wanted I go there and see if there's any additional info on the truck? I like looking at the massive amount of equipment they have anyway.
Smokey and the Bandit style? I'll bring my dog. I hope you got a car with a flaming chicken on it.
I also hope those canadian bears only got bicycles. Cause that kw has 4.56 gears, it won't outrun a grandma in a kia.
You need a best friend along for the ride.
Could the other stick be for an aux. trans. for faster road speeds?
Yeah, its got a aux, but a at1202 should just be a reduction and direct. No OD. It is a 18 speed so should be .73 in high gear, so its overdrive there. But not setting any high speed records.
Thats a heavy duty looking rig,they make good trucks for the oil patch. Ive brought obscure parts and cranes into Canada over the years . Done some of the hauling my self . We always worked closely with the brokers ,crossed ever t and dotted the i s .We never had a problem at the border. Id bet it works the same going into the US. I think its the guys that show up at customs with some vague bill of sale and say i bought this at the auction that get held up.
The 9 speed in my L9000 is complicated enough for me.
In my last years of OO, I would cross the border at Blaine 4 times a week sometimes 5. Once in a while Sumas or Oroville. Crossing at Blaine--the big house--checked into compound then take load papers inside a brokerage firm, once done there over to customs for check through and stamping, given a code for the gate and on my way. Never had any issues on the Canadian side, but coming back through to U.S. not so much. U.S. customs could and would be a royal pain every once in a while. But I had a BC plate and Canadian authority also, so way less issues. Normally customs isn't a problem, it just depends on how busy they are and if you fall in a random percentage checkout pile.
That guy was a real trucker, got rid of the air, and went with 3 sticks for high low and split
We brought some NOS 50 year old dozers parts across Oroville (we had a front idler/track tensioner) shipped Ohio to Spokane). Parts in the back of pickup, Canadian side asked: business or personal.…should have said acreage dozer, spent the next two hours going through a huge book & navigating a somewhat confusing computer system. My lack of due diligence made the crossing tricky! Have done in the past (including truck from port of Tacoma) but many new changes….canadian side that day…mean spirited. Aggressively hassled Lady with horse in trailer brought to tears! Usually okay though (Only time I have had a bad experience) Would just use a reputable broker next time. crane operator; hopefully you can get a good price. It seems those heavy oil rig trucks seem to go for high prices at Nisku. Looks like a solid rig.
You should be alright, they are still on horses up there . . .
Yes, and that first one isn’t even paying attention!
That horse is thinking, not more of this crap again.
To heck with that - give me DNR push buttons.
4.56’s aren’t bad with tall 24.5’s. You can run 70 easy enough. The last batch of haul trucks I built were 4.56’s with AT1202’s.
Lousy mileage though--high rpm.
What’s mileage to a haul truck anyway.
All depends on how far your going, and how much room left on credit card.
They won't do **** about the southern border, but let me tell you they almost brought out the swat team when I tried to cross with a Ram 5500 and the wrong (unknowingly) paperwork.
Well I missed the auction (I've been crane shopping, so I'm hoarding $$ at the moment also), but I could have bought it right. It brought $35,000 cad which is $25,800 in freedom screaming eagle units. Another $10,000 or so to get it here, so I would have been 45-50,000 into it.
Freedom screaming eagle units! I love it!
Standard issue frog hides.
I wasn't feeling very good the last week and a half. I was going to go out to Nisku but my body wasn't up to it. The truck was advertised all over the internet on RB ads. I thought it would have brought a lot more. There will probably be more trucks like it in upcoming auctions. There's a really clean 2003 IH tandem tilt deck for sale right now at the place I sold the axles. It didn't make reserve at the 1st sale. It looks like new. How about a tridem picker truck and trailer that isn't showing much interest yet? 2003 International 7400 DT530 *HIGH BID SUBJECT TO SELLERS APPROVAL* 2003 International 7400 DT530 Vin1HTWHADR83J076651 Year2003 MakeINTERNATIONAL Model 7400 DT530 TransmissionAUTOMATIC 5 SPEED Odometer: 80,301 MILES Color GREEN Features A/C, DOUBLE AXEL, FLAT DECK, TILT DECK,DIESEL 285 6 CYLINER www.stuff4.sale 2007 Kenworth C500B Tri-Drive with Stiff Boom Picker *HIGH BID SUBJECT TO SELLERS APPROVAL* 2007 Kenworth C500B with Stiff Boom Picker Vin1NKCX4TX87R931410 Year2007 MakeKENWORTH Model C500B/WHL40TC97 CRANE Odometer: 337,963 KM (SHOWING) Color BLUE Features DIESEL, STIFF BOOM PICKER, TRUCK SAFETY IS CURRENT, CRANE SAFETYIS CURRENT, CUMMINS ISX 15L... www.stuff4.sale 2008 40' Oil Field Highboy with Live Roll *HIGH BID SUBJECT TO SELLERS APPROVAL* 2008 40 Oil Field Float with Live Roll Vin2N9PF35378E065028 Year2008 MakeEDMONTON TRAILER Color BLUE Features C/W LIVE ROLL www.stuff4.sale