Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Separating Case 580 se dipper and boom

D21S-5 · 2022-01-14 15:28

Need to separate the boom and dipper on my case 580 se. I have removed the bucket cylinder, disconnected the dipper cylinder and removed the pivot pin. One spacer fell out. I have the dipper supported from overhead. I can rock everything back and forth, it is loose, but the dipper will not separate from the boom. It’s like something has them locked together even though the pin is out and it moves when I rock it.

Replies2
  1. #1alrman2022-01-14 16:00

    I would think that the bushings have moved & one of them is now positioned itself between the boom & dipper. Usually when that happens, the bushing will move back into place by using a hammer & a sharp edged steel punch. Just make sure everything is well supported so that the dipper doesn't then fall & create an injury!

  2. #2D21S-52022-01-14 17:36

    You are correct. One bushing out almost 1/8. Thanks