I have a D8N and happened across a ripper while at an auction that said it was to fit a D8N/R. It was definitely cheap enough to take a gamble on. The only catch was it was lacking mounts. Trying to find mounts for it and can't seem to locate a serial number or part number anywhere on the ripper itself. Would like to verify it will actually fit and is correct before hunting up or making mounts for it. Where would the serial number be located or any other way of identifying it? Thanks.
The bigger question is does your machine have a 4 valve hyd. group ? Bob
The serial number would have been on the missing frame. If you can find a part number on one of the cylinders, we may be able to trace it back to a ripper model.
Mine doesn't have the ripper sections in the implement valve. I was planning on using a electric/hyd diverter valve on the dozer tilt circuit or adding the section into the valve block. Haven't really researched either option much yet. Still getting my ducks in a row.
I was able to read a 7J3221 off one cylinder. I googled it and came back with some conflicting results as to what models it's used on. Tried looking on part store and there was no list of compatible models.
That cylinder is used on an 8D ripper, originally fitted to D8H/K. To know whether or not it would be compatible with a D8N mounting frame, we will need more part numbers, preferably off some of the main components.
I was able to find a 7J9509 on the upper block where the shank pins to the tube. And a 2J1227 on the pin retainers. Can't seem to find any part numbers on the tube, top links or frame otherwise. Might need to take measurements and see if I can find one to compare to.
Yep, I've drawn a blank. I can't even find any pins or bushes common to both the K & N which would indicate the diameters may be the same. Unless someone has been down this road before, you are going to have to go hunting with your tape measure.