Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Seriously looking for a new +/- 6000 lb size mini excavator – which is best?

Digger111 · 2019-12-21 22:23

I posted this under "excavators" earlier, I didn't realize there is a separate "compact excavators" forum till now, sorry. Hi Everyone, We are looking for a new mini excavator to replace our aging Bobcat 320, which has been an awesome machine with minimal issues apart from a few hydraulic hoses. So any thoughts on my short list of choices, based on what we need it for would be appreciated. We are looking at these 4 models below. We have all four dealers within 30 miles. We will be digging (obviously) and also running a flail mower that requires around 10-12 gpm of oil flow. We have a big enough pickup and trailer to haul all these size machines. ENGINE HORSEPOWER AND HYDRUALIC FLOW Bobcat E26 (25 hp, 6500 lb, 14.2 gpm hydraulic pump) Deere 26G (20 hp, 6100 lb, 15.8 gpm) Cat 302.7D CR (20.7hp, 6200 lb, 23.6 gpm) Kubota U25 (20.9, 5600lb, 20.3 gpm) 7.6 gpm Piston × 2 + 5.1 gpm x 1 = 20.3 total GPM HYDRUALIC SYSTEMS - OPERATING PRESSURE Bobcat E26 auxillary flow 2611 psi Deere 26G ? Cant find it within Deere literature. Cat 302.7D CR 2987psi max pressure Kubota U25 Can't find it within Kubota literature Bobcat has the best financing (till end of this year). Thanks for your time and MERRY CHRISTMAS !

Replies8
  1. #1code542019-12-22 10:14

    I ended up with a Kubota and am very happy with the decision. We have several pieces of Kubota eqpt. and it has all been very reliable. A big thing is making sure you have a decent dealer if you need something in a hurry. All are good machines so I am sure you will be happy with any of them in the long run. Good luck and Merry Xmas!

  2. #2heymccall2019-12-22 11:48

    https://www.yanmar.com/us/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/ViO25-6A.pdf 13.6 gpm aux, built in, standard, hydraulic pin grabber bucket coupler.

  3. #3Mike_IUOE2019-12-22 14:11

    I have a Kubota U35. Its a great machine thats quick with plenty of power. The only thing I dont like is there is not much foot room. I'm a taller guy and the pedals are too close to use for tracking. I have to track using my hands. I'm used to using the foot pedals to track on bigger machines, so it's annoying when I get into my Kubota and have to use my hands. It may not be an issue for some. I recently ran a new Bobcat E35 and it had a lot more leg room. It was a really nice machine with plenty of power. I really like Kubotas quick connect system for their buckets. In my opinion its much easier than Bobcats.

  4. #4mikebramel2019-12-22 14:14

    2nd on the Yanmar

  5. #5mg23612019-12-23 05:12

    3553—3843 psi

  6. #6island excavator #372019-12-23 09:15

    I was considering a yanmar too. Was wondering how the legroom in the 35 Is? I found the Hyundai /Case very cramped. Sorry to jump into your thread digger111 but looking for the best 35 size mini too.

  7. #7John Canfield2019-12-23 20:27

    Those are all on my "A" list, pick one for operator comfort and dealer support. The Kubota bucket can be reversed (if you need to dig forward but the Bobcat cannot. I've had a couple of situations where it would have been useful to reverse the bucket but I'm happy with my E42.

  8. #8PeterG2019-12-24 12:41

    I would suggest keeping the little Bobcat 3100 lb machine (assuming it's paid off), and buying a "used" next size up machine from 6000lb (7,500) lb machine for the price of ($20,000-30,000). This will still be under CDL towing weight, and have a bit more balance and reach for hanging out at the end of the stick the mower and attachments, and you can finance less and get it paid off in a couple of years. All the brands are good, but I would replace Cat with Takeuchi.