Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Service body to fit 5th wheel

qwikDraw ยท 2010-04-03 19:46

Hi Guys... I can't seem to figure this one out. I am looking at a single axle tractor to pull a fixed neck lowboy. On the days I don't need the lowboy I was hoping to pull a tag trailer. Is there any manufacturers out there that make a body that would mount to the 5th wheel.. I am sure I could fabricate something but it would be a lot easier if I could just buy one Thanks.

Replies3
  1. #1prenn1984@gmail2010-04-03 22:42

    never seen one but thats not a bad idea! should work just have to make sure you have 5th wheel locks so it doesn't rock

  2. #2cps2010-04-04 11:45

    You could look at this website, might give you a few ideas! www.jak-a-box.com

  3. #3qwikDraw2010-04-05 19:39

    Yeah that's what I was thinking...the legs are interesting, I was thinking about lifting it off with an excavator but that makes sense. Thanks for the advice men.