Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Service code check

watglen ยท 2017-07-28 03:49

If someone has a minute, can you give me the rundown on these codes 2006 D6R III C9 engine 030 0819.02 030 E0179.1 030 E0179.3 113 0299.08 113 0298.02 113 0468.03 113 0588.09 113 1482.04 113 168.04 113 E2115.2 END "SERV CODE" is shown in the display. Thanks for the help

Replies3
  1. #1watglen2017-07-28 19:58

    Dealer just got back to me. Seems like my request for help was pointless. This code system is complicated by the sounds of it. Anyway, these all relate to high and low voltages, across many different systems and sensors. Must have something to do with the bat issues we had last fall, or could be a harness rub through. Something to keep an eye on anyway.

  2. #2DMiller2017-07-28 20:13

    Check the alternator output and if it is stable. If a diode pack is failing you get spurious AC current instead of DC, can drive electronics nuts.

  3. #3Junkyard2017-07-28 22:29

    I 2nd the alternator. D5G we had went bat$hit crazy and it was the alternator. All kinds of codes having to do with volatage issues, high and low. As I recall a genuine Cat alternator was quite reasonable. Maybe $250-300. I expected double that for a genuine Cat. These new machines almost need a DC power source similar to an AC with pure sine waves. Finicky little buggars. Give me a handcrank pony start and I'm good.