Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Service/ maintenance interval chart

barklee ยท 2015-03-08 22:34

I was hoping to see if anyone has a service chart for basic type maintenance like oil changes, filters, hours, etc. I want to be able to keep better track of the long interval maintenance items like hydraulic oil changes and i havent done a good job of this so far! Also, somewhere i saw posted that the best place to get filters was filterpros.com...... Man thats a great site, thank you!

Replies4
  1. #1tuney4432015-03-09 00:30

    There is no such thing as proper PM ''fits all'' for every machine.Referring to your owner's manual is always best.There's lots of ''mega'' filter sources for buying filters,it's all about your comfort level of running proven quality oem filters at a reasonable cost vs. possibly questionable aftermarket ones at bargain basement pricing.

  2. #2bigshow2015-03-09 08:54

    I have a 4'x8' dry erase board that I use for all of my stuff. Each machine/vehicle has its own section and I used a label maker to mark the section with the machine/vehicle name. I have info. for type and quantity of lube, what wrenches/sockets for drain plugs and filters, filter numbers, service intervals, serial numbers and that type of thing wrote in each section as well.

  3. #3barklee2015-03-09 18:22

    I was just hoping to get a spreadsheet i can print off and write on that has oil changes, hyrdaulic filter, differentials, lubes, etc. Not major service items like cylinder re-packs or replacements. I just want to be able to track when and how often we are changing fluids and doing PM type work.

  4. #4Delmer2015-03-09 20:56

    The filterspro site has Donaldson and Baldwin, not much else and no easy to search catalog- just a part number search. But good prices as far as I can tell. I use aluminum foil tape (HVAC at maynerds) and write on it hard with a ball point pen. Overhead in a cab or underhood so you know what's been done when. Seems the most practical to me when you're dealing with a SMALL number of machines and they get flexible service intervals.