Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Service manual D5h series 2

Jakebreak · 2018-11-12 21:53

Would anyone happen to know where I could find a service manual for our dozer cat wants $700 for a new one eBay has a lot for $300-400 serial #8rc06101

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2018-11-13 03:34

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/CAT-Caterp...7263?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c4#viTabs_0 This one would appear to be your best bet. Seller says it's 100% complete which is always the worry with auction site sales. Best price I could find for a new one was $580. $300 is cheap when you consider it's equivalent to maybe 2 hours of dealer tech billable time. You'd save that the first time you used it .......

  2. #2Jakebreak2018-11-13 18:49

    That is true i can’t believe how much they are but it’s like gold their worth something thanks nige

  3. #3Nige2018-11-14 04:09

    I don't get that way of thinking. When the cost of a manual equates to no more than maybe 2-3 billable hours for a dealer tech depending on whether you're buying it new or used that's cheap in my book. And let's face it if you ever sell the machine you can re-sell the manual separately on eBay and get your money back.

  4. #4Jakebreak2018-11-18 16:54

    Very true thanks nige I can’t argue with that

  5. #5Jakebreak2019-02-27 15:29

    Thanks nige I finally got a good service manual off eBay I appreciate it it has already come in handy