Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

service truck cab organizer

catfixer ยท 2014-04-25 23:15

I figure ya'll might be able to help. I am looking for something to aid in keeping the cab of my service truck more organized. I have 2 seats with nothing between them. I would really like to find some sort of organizer to go between the seats that maybe has a few compartments for work orders, etc. and some cupholders would be nifty. Any searches online have been fruitless. And yes I know I could probably make one like I want but I lake the free time and the desire to start any projects right now.

Replies12
  1. #1machavis2014-04-26 14:39

    This is what I have in my truck. Got it at pepboys, part number 124809. Check out thier web site, they have lots of different options.

  2. #2excavator2014-04-26 21:23

    A service truck with an organized cab? That would be nice to see since mine sure isn't.

  3. #3sheepfoot2014-04-26 22:08

    We use that same setup that Machavis showed in our 2500 gmc pickups with the bucket seats, along with some Galls molded seat organizers. They run about $60.00 and hold lots of things and can be hung over the back of the seat also. What size cab and seating are you running?

  4. #4still learn'n2014-04-26 23:10

    Don't know what kind of truck you got but I got one from American van in my truck but I looked and cant find it on their website anymore! Mine doesn't have cup holders but has a bin on the front for smaller items and then has file holders in the other compartment! is this what you are looking for? http://www.americanvan.com/mobile-office/consoles/full-size-van-floor-console-extended.html

  5. #5AlldayRJ2014-04-27 09:05

    Yes! Great thread. I have a 2002 international with the bench seat, worst cup holders, and no storage. The dump lever, shifter, and parking break pretty much rule out the floor. Is there a nice console i can buckle in the middle so in a panic stop it doesnt end up on the floor?

  6. #6Andrew_D2014-04-27 09:48

    I browsed around on that americanvan.com website mentioned a couple threads up and they had some that the center seat belt passed through to hold them in place. Not sure if they would work with a center floor shifter or not.... Andrew

  7. #7catfixer2014-04-28 01:12

    for now I'm in a 1980 Chevy c50 til CARCO gets done building the new one. I like machavis's recommendation. Will have to look into those

  8. #8Deeretracks2014-04-28 01:13

    My truck has bucket seats and I put a 12" Subwoofer enclosure between the seats. I screwed a couple cup holders to the top and a pocket for my clipboard on the back, Works great. Plus, I get lots of funny looks in the summer at stoplights when I have AC/DC thumping in my big ole Sterling. LOL

  9. #9markshr1512014-04-28 08:47

    We have built our own out of plywood,screws and glue. It is the only way to get what you want. But you must finish them with poly or truck bed liner or they will really look like junk.

  10. #10Queenslander2014-04-29 07:59

    Just make sure you don't take the highway to hell!!

  11. #11Multiracer2014-04-29 18:55

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-2013-F...her_Vehicle_Parts&hash=item27e32c82fb&vxp=mtr This little gem looked good.

  12. #12mitch5042014-04-29 22:15

    All but the price!!! $700 plus $80 shipping for a used console??!!