Lake Stevens Washington White 2007 Fuso FG 140 Company name- Rockworks LLC If you see this truck anywhere please call officer C.Schedler at the Lake Stevens Police Department 425-740-4618 or Rockworks at 425-335-9990
Wow, can't imagine what that would feel like, will keep an eye out, I am about 2 hours south of you.
Thanks much JPV. 30 year tool collection. Hand made tools for specialty jobs
That sucks. Will be watching on the eastside.
Man, I hate to hear that. Even if insurance replaces all your tools, it sucks to lose the ones you are used to working with.
I'll put the word out to keep eyes & ears open I'm just south of you in Gig Harbor. Steal a man's tools and his means for feeding his family= low-life scumbags.
I feel your pain! I don't get around as much anymore but will keep and eye out. That truck looks pretty unique. One of my customers had a service truck stolen a few years back and they caught a ring of thieves and recovered the truck. Most of the tools though were already gone. Is the truck and tools insured by the employer and are they receptive to replacing your tools?
I showed up at work one monday morning and the truck i used wasnt in the shop were i parked it the week before. The boss showed up and ask why i left the shop door open. That fall it was found in a corn feild out of gas. I think they lost all the tools out of it when they hit stuff with it. Every day ror a long time i would need something and it would hit me it was in the truck.
Sorry to hear about this Rob...hope that it turns up soon. Regards, Bob
Thanks for the replies. It hasn't been found yet.
Found abandoned, trashed.
Wow, sorry to hear that, would be curious to hear how it turns out for you in regards to replacing your tools and how the insurance works with it. I am driving a company truck loaded with my personal tools and I guess I should make sure if it happened to me I would be protected. Haven't ever given it much thought until now.
I'm so sorry for you rob. There are no punishments for the criminals, and the police have their hands tied/ don't want to help. If there's anything we can do to help in locating odd/ old tools, etc. post up what you're looking for. I was hit about a year ago, and was thankful that I had pictures of all my tools, (just phone pics). I did not file a claim, and recovered about 90-95% of my tools, and a truck a week later, after finding my welder on craigslist. The criminals have never been charged/ court date. Were out on bail within 2 days of arrest. Craigslist/ facebook, in my area the sheriff has a online listing of recent stuff turned in at pawnshops, I had them searching for my 1" drive torque wrench (something not a lot of people have). Lots of pictures posted up on custom stuff that you've lost, and hope someone spots something that you know is yours. How far away the truck was, should give you a radius for searching for your stuff. My thieves were within two miles of my shop.
It was found in a "dumping ground" 10 miles from the shop. Insurance will cover my personal tools. I work for such a good company they'd pay for them out of pocket if insurance didn't. Pictures are a good Idea. I have serial numbers for major tools. Searching Craigslist and Offerup.
I'm not on facebook, but one of my employees is. I guess facebook has a running local yard sale, some pictures on your local site might help. A local gas station got robbed, manager put the thieves pictures up, and someone identified them in a couple days..
Is the truck repairable and did they strip all the tools out. It is nice to hear an employer would be willing to take care of you that way. You must be priceless to their operation. Even though this happened you have to feel pretty good about who you are working for.
its a shame that the "law enforcement" cant/don't want to do anything to the thieves!!! I had the shop broken into 2 years ago the guy that done it never spent a night in jail for it!!!! got him on camera at my shop on camera at the scrap yard & on camera at the pawn shop with my stuff!!! I got almost everything back but welding leads & radiator out of a ex that I had in the shop!!! ITS SAD!!!! I know of 4 service trucks that have been stolen in Indiana & Kentucky in the last few months 2 of which were stolen out of the hotel parking lot & 1 that just had every door ripped open & the tools removed in the time it took him to get a room & come back out to his truck!!!! The one truck had GPS on it & within 2 mins of it being started it was rendered inoperative before it was off the hotel service road!!! the cab of that truck was found 45 miles away in a creek bottom....no bed, crane, welder or any tools have ever turned up on any of these... I know 2 of these self employed/independent mechanics personally, This is starting to get bad, lets all try to do our part & not buy any tools from anyone we don't know & if it sounds like its really cheap look at whos trying to sell it & ask yourself if they even know what they are tryin to sell!!! sorry bout my rant BUT I HATE A THEIF!!!!
I think the Castle rule should apply here, catch the azzholes, SHOOT EM!
Sounds like all our new service trucks are being ordered with an alarm system for the service body. I think its a good idea considering how much we invest in tools and equipment.
At the Utility I worked at had sliding latches locked all compartments by ALTEC with one padlock to each side. I liked those beds as were almost a vault when locked down. Downside, one busted lock, hack off the latch assembly and all were loose but took time they would not waste.
I used to see that sliding bar on a lot of the dealer mechanics trucks. Then I would see the Cat pad locks on the ends of the bars and just shake my head.
You almost always get the truck back just not with the tools as you know . The jacked mine and burned out the lock with a cutting torch and dumped it in a vacant lot . My wallet and company check book were not touched . They say that is not what they want just the tools . I feel you're pain . mine was stolen 5 years ago and to this day I am still pissed. The worst thing was 2 hardhats they took . One was a Kiewit 25 years with no workplace injuries from folsom dam project made only for me and the other was given to me by Dennis McCoy of well McCoy and sons In 1980 It was pink and said NEW MINOR . Those can never be replaced .
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5059691/Man-dies-detained-two-vigilante-neighbours.html
The sad thing is the two guys who stopped him were arrested and will undoubtedly be prosecuted going on other cases in this country. I’ve had my tools stolen from my truck twice and it really hurts. Second time had them on cctv, nice clear images and registration number of car they used, but as it was a foreign registration the police weren’t interested. You can’t win. Graham
The "justice system" is really in place to protect criminals from society
Isn't about stopping crime anymore but sensationalizing criminal activity to gain more funding.
Pierce county again Rob?? When we demoed the paper mill I never saw so much blatent thieving.