Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trading two boxes in on the Snap-On truck?be

RLU_tech · 2017-10-22 17:35

So I recently bought a four-year old Snap-On KRL1022 off of Craigslist. I bought it to upgrade my ten-year old Matco 4S triple bay box. The KRL 1022 is a super nice box, and I was fortunate to find a super clean one out of an airport hanger. It's just once I got it all loaded up and organized, it doesn't offer a lot of extra room for future tool growth. I'm thinking of contacting my local Snap-On dealer to see what kind of deal he would make for trading both my Matco 4S as well as my KRL 1022 on a new larger box. I've never bought a new or used box off a tool truck before. Will these guys make a decent deal? Will they wheel and deal, or do they stick to MSRP and that's it?

Replies4
  1. #1Jonas3022017-10-22 18:32

    The dealers are somewhat independent so depending on the salesman they can deal some

  2. #2mikebramel2017-10-23 01:07

    I like the old Matco boxes, MB series, 56/72 wide, 29 deep. Had a KRL, didnt seem as heavy duty

  3. #3thepumpguysc2017-10-23 06:23

    Yup, depends on the dealer.. MY dealer gives BIG discounts for "cash" sales.. while others wont..

  4. #4curb guy2017-10-23 22:06

    Snappy has AT LEAST 150% markup on boxes, yeah, that’s right. I never buy new boxes off the truck, only used ones. Plus, as stated above, my dealer gives discount for cash. They DO have a lot of room to deal, don’t let them tell you otherwise.