I own and run my own service truck and I was wondering who yall use for tool insurance on your service trucks. If yall could throw some info out there that would be great. I have checked around but haven't found much or felt good about the companies I have found. Also if you had any experience with those companies or with claims on tools stolen or whole service trucks stolen. That would be great. I had a company service truck with all my tools stolen years ago(what a sickening feeling) but we recovered it and all my tools that same day...thank you GPS. But it was awful regardless. Thanks in advance.
When I looked into it all insurances put it under general liability. One company in New Jersey would insure the tools alone for something like $20/mo but that was almost 8 years ago.
Thanks looks like I need to update my GL insurance amount then. Take care.
I don't have an answer for you on this, but we are going through this right now. My dad's whole service truck was stolen about 3 weeks ago. He is working with his insurance company now to see if any of the contents will be covered. I'll post back if there is anything applicable. It is a pretty distinct truck, so please keep your eyes open.
I'm so sorry....it is a gut wrenching feeling to have your livey hood stolen. Yes please let me know what insurance says. I'm here in East TN. But definitely will get eyes out for it...you never know where they will turn up. It would be a good idea to start a stolen service truck and equipment thread. Good luck. I hope yall find the truck and all the tools! Let us know what happens. Take care.