Keep getting an error message. Just making this to see if it works
I keep getting an error when I try to reply to the post about run away engines, but other posts are no problem.
Strange indeed. Tried the report button, same thing.
Same here..........
Maybe an algorithm doesn't like the title? I did a google search for the error, and there were some instances where there was profanity in the name or something like that. Must have something to do with the maple syrup bottle crowd
Wow, I'm probably missing some real interesting stories. I wish it would work. Maybe it thinks its about kids running away??? Strange error. I wish it would let me edit the title, it won't. Also I get the same error message if I try to post.
might get this thread locked with this, but start another thread, don't say runaw*y, say run away instead.
I have a nephew that is a full blown conspiracy theorist, like I mean it's consuming his life tinfoil hat, and my sister is really worried about him. Like he says, They're watching..... I don't mean HEF, I don't have a smart phone, but my wife and daughter do, and if I start talking about things around the house like tires, a new shop vac, , I suddenly get adds for this stuff. And I'm not looking stuff up on the computer, just talking about it. Some guys at work have talked about this happening in their homes as well. I wouldn't own one of those Alexa speakers. Young fella I work with said he and his wife were talking, and she said I wonder..... something, and google answered her. She didn't even say hey google. Hope they don't come for my last bottle of maple syrup I bought before the change.
I got the same result that Nige posted. Never seen that one before. I've called it to the attention of the technical staff.
Looks like you figured it out, Digger. I think you did anyway. In your test post you separated run*way to run away.
No, I hadn't figured it out just yet. We have a "practice" forum in the Mod's section of the board. I went there after the few posts I made in the "test" forum on the main board, and posted a whole bunch more threads, trying to narrow it down. "Runaway" isn't what triggers it. If I post any iteration of "I'd like to hear some stories" as the thread title, I get the "not acceptable" message Nige posted above. When I titled a thread "I would not like to hear", I was able to reply. That's really odd...
Until the tech staff comes up with a better answer, my suggestion for a workaround would be for Chidog to title the thread " I would like to hear some runaway stories." (Italics added for clarity.)
lI don't know if this has any bearing but the spam posts stopped hitting my network while the site was down. Now I'm getting twenty to thirty a day. They are real stupid things as well.
Looks like I would be a good software tester. I sure found a nice bug in this software. I started a new thread. " Engines that run out of control "