I have a 2016 Takeuchi TB240 mini excavator cab version. I have a Furukawa FRD - FX55 hydraulic breaker. I'm trying to set it up wit the correct flow and PSI. The TB240 Aux flow rate is 17.1 gallon per min. The breaker spec is 10-22.5 gallon per min, and it's optimal operating PSI is 2,320. In setting the flow on the meter, you use percentage which you input into the screen and then the computer stores this info. Anyone know what the PSI is if the flow rate is at 100 percent? I don't have a flow meter, so I would need to take it to the dealer. The breaker is a used United Rental, and was likely used (and hopefully set correctly), to be rented out on Takeuchi Machines. The breaker has the TAG quick coupler.
Good day Peter Providing the pressure is set correctly you can establish the correct flow by engine speed and blow rate from the hammer, if it fires like a machine gun its too great a flow one blow a minute is too low flow - start low and increase the flow to what can be a reasonable blow rate. Hope this is of help. Kind regards Uffex
Uffex, thanks for the reply. I have set the Aux 1 flow rate percentage at 100 percent, which says it should be putting out 16 gallons, despite the manual saying Aux rate is 17 gallons. I hooked up the breaker and tried it. The Takeuchi manual says to turn the Aux flow to one way which is done by turning a lever on the side of the machine to one way which I've done. The manual also says to run the machine at 75 percent. I have found using other machines and breakers, that the breaker does seem to work better at full throttle with some machine weight on the point. I test ran the breaker on an old piece of sidewalk slab and it did not run "machine gun fast", and did not seem very impressive, but it did break through. I haven't played with any adjustments on the breaker. I have to remove a 9 step, 5' wide exterior concrete stairway on Tuesday, so I will see how well it works.