Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New to Forum – Just picked up a Yanmar VIO27-2

jjaphipps22 · 2020-03-06 10:23

Hi, I just picked up a 2006 Yanmar VIO27-2 and this is my first mini ex and was wondering if anyone has any info they can share about them. Mostly how do they compare to other brands (I looked at Kubota and Cat) and little quirks they know about. Right now I am having a problem with the front blade drifting/falling and the track motors appearing to be weak. I pulled the hydraulic filter and found some remnant of oring material, so I have been lead to believe I need to replace orings in the swivel joint and I currently have those on order. Any other ideas?

Replies19
  1. #1John Canfield2020-03-06 17:44

    Can't help you with your problem but Yanmar has a good reputation, if I had a local Yanmar dealer I would have strongly considered them when shopping for my mini-ex.

  2. #2uffex2020-03-07 02:42

    Good day JJ The common component to that issue will be the central joint suggest you check it out with a pressure gauge. Kind regards Uffex

  3. #3jjaphipps222020-03-08 11:20

    I have the swivel joint oring and seal kit on order as I found the pieces of oring in the hydraulic filter, once I replace I’ll let you know if that fixes it. Anyone own one of these machines completed this before? Does anyone have the service manual?

  4. #4uffex2020-03-08 11:39

    Good day JJ Try appealing to "ToolKing" he has a lot of manuals KR Uffex

  5. #5jjaphipps222020-03-11 11:10

    Got the manual online and all signs point to swivel joint, will follow up once I replace orings and seals.

  6. #6jjaphipps222020-03-15 07:35

    Swivel joint oring and seal kit fixed, blade drift with little to no pressure, drive motor weakness issues, and just in general the machine operates much smoother. For anyone who does this in the future... you will receive 7 orings of two different sizes these get put together in a groove to make a single oring seal in the large grooves of the swivel joint, I think this is a design change from original. The attached photo is the inside of the swivel joint after removal, it was in really bad shape.

  7. #7jjaphipps222020-03-26 18:23

    Got her complete and all painted up. Everything on it works now!

  8. #8uffex2020-03-27 02:40

    Excellent job well done

  9. #9Coastal2020-03-30 10:35

    Wow what a mess in there! My blade has started drifting like crazy...wonder if that's my issue too.

  10. #10Michael rehak2022-07-06 02:47

    I broke the center splined shaft in center of my final drive don't want to buy whole drive any idea were to buy just the shaft in my 2005 vio27-3

  11. #11uffex2022-07-06 04:09

    Good day Michael From our files it appears that the motor and transmission are listed as one part, I suggest you explore the drive to establish the origin and then approach the supplier, sorry this is the best help I can offer. Kind regards Uffex

  12. #12Bibendum2022-08-27 03:26

    I am looking for a service manual for the same machine, Vio27-2. Is anybody able to provide one? thanks kindly will

  13. #13uffex2022-08-27 04:02

    Good day Message ToolKing he has a good library may be able to help you. Kind regards Uffex

  14. #14Bibendum2022-08-27 11:24

    Uffex, When I look up “Toolking” in member search it appears that they have not been active since 2017 and only have two posts. Is this correct?

  15. #15uffex2022-08-27 12:57

    Good day Im sure I have seen more recent posts but I cannot be certain, I will try with my contact see if I can find you a manual. Kind regards Uffex

  16. #16uffex2022-08-27 13:14

    Good day Did not expect that it would be so easy, sorry about the quality. Kind regards Uffex

  17. #17uffex2022-08-27 13:14

    Good day Did not expect that it would be so easy, sorry about the quality. Kind regards Uffex

  18. #18uffex2022-08-27 13:15

    Good day Did not expect that it would be so easy, sorry about the quality. Kind regards Uffex

  19. #19Bibendum2022-08-27 14:33

    Uffex, That is great, i appreciate your willingness to help.