anyone running a pup dump trailer? What kind of controls do you have for the pup and truck? What would you change? In your opinion what is best way to set up hydraulics when you already have the pump but now controls? Any input would be helpfull . Thanks
I'm getting ready to build one. My current valve is big enough to handle 2 more hydraulic positions, just run the supply and return lines. I'll use quick connectors at the rear of my dump and run the lines to the front of the dolly. If you don't have a big enough hydraulic valve, is your valve sectioned (can you add a section)? It will only need to be a power up and gravity down. You can have it power down if you have the correct valve. Tap into your air at your rear brake cans and use glad hands with valves so you can shut the air off and still have air to your tractor brakes. The only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to run an air switch to open the pup gate. I'll work on this and figure something out.
Dumptrucker - most pup setups use a diverter valve on the truck to run the pup. In other words, you use the same control lever in your cab, but first you switch your diverter valve lever to switch the flow to your pup. They're easy to add on and make it simple. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Brandt - you should have some spare wires in your 7 way light cord going to your pup, make one of those a signal wire to an electric over air solenoid to run your gate. Then all you need are automatic tarps Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
The beauty of living in "free America" is we don't have tarp laws here!! Yes, I will have extra pins in my 7-way, - I'll look into the elec over air set up.
Brandt The pup that I bought has an air gate also. They just ran a 1/4 inch air line to front with quick connector and to switch in cab.