Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

setting timing for 1835c case skidloader

JWH ยท 2015-01-01 14:00

I've rebuilt the engine but need help setting timing for this 1835c case skidloader. Appreciate any help available.

Replies2
  1. #1sheepfoot2015-01-01 15:57

    Do you have a gas or diesel an is it a Teledyne engine. If it is a diesel your low idle is 1150-1200 rpms, high idle 2850-2900 rpms, static timing is at TDC. You remove the plate on the bell housing with the glow plug solenoid, the timing degree marks are on the flywheel and seen from the top, the window on the injection pump should allow you to see the two marks line up just as the tdc mark just passes under the indicator pin. The valve adjustment is cold water temp 70* Intake .014 and exhaust .019, hot water temp 140* intake .014 and exhaust .018, looking from the fan end #1 is E, #2 is I, #3 is E, #4 is I, #5 is E, #6 is I. If you have a gas it's 20*BTDC at 2800 rpms with the vacuum line at the distributor plugged, you can check it at the flywheel or crank pulley, hook timing light to #1 plug, valve settings are the same as above. hope this helps some it been a long time since I messed with a TM20 or TMD20 engine

  2. #2Blake Armstrong2022-07-20 11:36

    Been looking for this information thankyou!