We have an ap1000f, serial ac400179 that the steering cylinder shakes back and forth with no input from the steering wheel?? Steering sensor is calibrated and reading correctly, and there are no fault or event codes. Several of our f model pavers do this, but this one is quite violent and is causing problems with the quality of the mat. Our cat dealer is looking into a svc bulletin for a pin in the column but not sure if that will help. Had anyone else had this issue??
I'm not familiar with this particular machine, but I see it has an electric over hydraulic system. I suppose as a first step I would try unplugging the electrical connections from the steering solenoid valve to see if the problem is in the electrical system or in the hydraulic system.
We unplugged the coils on the valve and it stopped, replaced both coils and it still had same problem. Turns out the solenoid valve was faulty. It was "fluttering" and causing the cylinder to shake. Replaced them on every paver that shook and fixed every one of them. Now we have a feedback motor failed in another f model...........