Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sheet Piling using Hydraulic Tyre-mounted crane

inkdeck ยท 2014-02-01 04:59

Hello people! I am new to this forum and also new to use of cranes. I have an enquiry from a client asking for a 80 Ton Hydraulic Crane to carry out Sheet Pile driving, using a vibratory hammer. The hammer weight is 4 tons and the weight on the hook will be 6 tons. Usually sheet piling is done with 60 / 70 Ton capacity Crawler cranes (eg. P&H 670). Can you people help find an answer whether a tyre-mounted hydraulic crane can be used for sheet pile driving? Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Replies2
  1. #1Tiny2014-02-01 19:37

    If crane people were laid end to end they would still point in all directions on this subject . Company I worked for had a vibro hammer on a 5150 grove ..Once and never again . Boss just didn't like it and company had crawlers it could use .

  2. #2inkdeck2014-02-01 21:27

    Tiny, many thanks! You have laid the whole thing in a nutshell. No hydraulic crane for vibro hammer use, indeed!!