Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Emerald ash borer

Tradesman ยท 2014-01-31 19:19

Hope cranes is the best spot for this question I am connecting the tree guys with cranes. I was wondering what is done with infested ash trees when cut, to help slow down the spread of this devastating tree killer. Clasictruckman Ontario is just experiencing this in the last few years do you have any experience.

Replies4
  1. #1dbl6122014-01-31 19:26

    in connecticut and mass. the chips must be brought to an approved disposal site.(usually a biofuel plant) where they are burned.

  2. #2Delmer2014-01-31 21:31

    In WI they quarantine the county so that no wood products can leave without certain steps. This gets relaxed as more counties are infested. I'm not aware of any disposal requirements for infested trees.

  3. #3classictruckman2014-02-11 21:31

    they're attempting a quarantine here, but with no enforcement, also they have designated dumpsites, also with no enforcement. so not much.

  4. #4shipman2014-02-12 08:08

    Hey ctm with this cold winter the spread north will be slowed and maybe halted for a bit. Nothing like a -40 cold snap to keep the forests healthy eh!