Any body use or seen one of these? OCR
Nope , never seen one . What is the advantage over dash mounted switches ? Looks heavy enough to knock the truck out of gear if you hit a bump .
The advantage is you don't have to take your eyes off the road to activate the most used functions. Jakes, and lights. OR so they say.
wow, do you like it?
When I put my first snowplow on a pickup truck, I made a mount for the plow controls on the 4-spd shifter. I also once temporarily mounted an electric trailer brake controller on the shifter of a 10 ton dumptruck. (It was better than having no trailer brakes at all.) Generally speaking, I like stuff that's mounted there. It makes it easier to multi-task...
Never seen one. I think its a great idea. :drinkup
Yeah, makes sense, all the newer mixers have a function controller (we call it the "gameboy") mounted on it's own flexible rod right near the shifter. It has over 12 functions plus indicator lights all within easy reach. I'll get a picture. AHH the beauty of mini electronics and micro-switches. Electronic over Hydraulic control was a great leap forward.
Why should you have to take your eyes off the road to turn on your jake? You don't just leave it on all the time? The only jake switch that I use on the road would be the stage switch, sometimes cruising down hills it's nice to drop the jake back a section or two and never have to touch the brakes. There's little that drives me nuts more then having a driver who turns the jake on and off driving down the road, as far as i'm concerned either use it or don't.
That's weird.. never saw one of those. Looks pretty useful though
We run a toggle switch on the gearshift of most truck for the jakes, but just the on off, not the power level.
driving a new freightliner cascadia..lots of driver functions located right on the steering wheel...some good, some not so good..I frequently hit the C/C on off switch with my left hand, and kill the C/C...trailer marker light interrupt and jake brake master switch located on right side of steering wheel...how come they couldn't put the stereo volume control on it also? A few years back, I installed some micro switches inside the top of my CB microphone, and I could turn the stereo speakers on/off as well as turn the CB speaker on or off..depending on what I wanted to listen to, without messing with the volume..