I am in the process of repacking the extendahoe cylinder and on my way back out I was going to tighten up the extendahoe by replacing or shimming the extendahoe pads. I was looking to see if anyone knows what the original or recommended thickness is for the extendahoe pads on a 426B. Thanks for the help.
Anyone know where I could find this info? thanks
Here is a quote from a fellow on the forum who passed some information on to me concerning pad replacement: I did this on my 426C and it has worked very well, no grease, as he suggested. Hope this helps.
More on this pad replacement from an old mechanic friend of mine who has retired, but is still one of the wise ones. I had asked him about pad replacement and this is a partial quote from his reply: " They are easy to replace. The metric bolts that hold them on are very short and thread into a captive nut that sits in a pocket of the wear block. Clearances are taken up with shims under the wear block and the shims are usually slotted so you can slide them in and out when the bolts are loose. When you take the top plate off you can raise the extend a hoe boom off of the bottom block to get it out. Have done many of them. Personally don't like working on loader backhoes since I preferred (past tense** working on tracked excavators and even despised working on the zero tail swing variety since they were a nightmare to access anything on. Glad I’m retired now."