Hi Friends, My original jd410 bucket is now cracked and needs replacing. I have an acceptable one but it requires spacers on the pins to fill the space. What do most people do in this case? I need 4-1” bushings, 2 on the top and 2 on the bottom pins. A friend suggested some heavy duty piping the correct size ID. Is that a good idea and if yes, what grade pipe would you use?
We used to make some for the excavator out of pipe or more correctly dom tubing but we had a piece with about 2 inch thick walls it worked great for spacers You can torch cut them out of plate most big metal supply places can set that up on the cutting table and make them for you now problem I have always used mild steel although alloy would be ok the cost would not be worth it What size are your pins?
tractor supply has big washers also ebay
This is what I would use. It is not cheap ! I have used bigger pipe like it for spacers/shims and it holds up quite well. If you cut it with a chop saw do not lean on the saw for a faster cut. That prevents the blade from making an accurate 90° cut. https://www.speedymetals.com/pc-3513-8242-2-12-od-x-750-wall-dom-steel-tube.aspx
For my 555e bucket I use 1 1/2” washers for the extra space. Probably have 10 or so smacking around.