Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Shipping equipment from Alaska

Pflum ยท 2019-06-09 09:03

Has anyone on here bought a machine in Alaska and had it shipped to the Lower 48? If so, what method did you use? I figure getting it on a ship to Seattle would be most cost effective. The particular piece I'm interested in only weighs about 15k lbs.

Replies4
  1. #1Ronsii2019-06-09 11:37

    We've had stuff sent to alaska from sea... barge is the cheapest. I can't imagine getting anything from there however... you gotta know it's been rode hard put up wet and little to no PM.

  2. #2John C.2019-06-09 11:47

    It used to be pretty cheap to bring things back as the barges had to make the travel empty. I couldn't tell you anymore. I haven't seen something come back in years.

  3. #3Michael4672019-07-13 18:04

    Havne't done it myself but a buddy of mine has. He used A1 Auto Transport. Apparently the ship things besides cars and had no problems hauling machinery and parts. He had it shipped to Seattle like you mentioned and then had a truck haul it out to the midwest. Not sure what the price was, but I'm sure not cheap.

  4. #4Mother Deuce2019-07-13 20:11

    Kind of depends just where it is in the great white north. If it is in a coastal village it might still be on the high side.