Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Shipping for 500 lb pallet

AllDodge · 2020-11-02 15:29

Looking for a LTL shipping out fit for one pallet 513 lbs, 4ft x 3.5ft x 3ft high Fresno CA to KY

Replies11
  1. #1repowerguy2020-11-02 16:35

    Maybe try Fastenal.

  2. #2AllDodge2020-11-02 16:40

    Thanks, didn't know Fastenal was a LTL shipper Just used YRC ship calculator and there showing $230 and 6 days. That's doable Will see if Fastenal will give a quote

  3. #3AllDodge2020-11-02 16:46

    Just looked them up and they list only routes are called Blue Lane and neither pickup nor delivery are in one of their zip codes

  4. #4Ct Farmer2020-11-02 17:21

    Look at freightcom.com Had good prices from them in the past. Their website is a little unruly and you need to set up an account but they get rates from a ton of carriers. They were better than going directly to a carrier.

  5. #5AllDodge2020-11-02 17:33

    I'll check them out thanks

  6. #6repowerguy2020-11-02 17:33

    I think how it works with Fastenal is it goes from one store to another. If you can get the seller to drop it at a store, they’ll truck it to a store close to you that you pick.

  7. #7Joel592020-11-03 09:54

    Fastenal goes store to store. I've used it in the past to ship pallets of parts across country. I found it to be very reasonable.

  8. #8AllDodge2020-11-03 10:32

    ok thanks

  9. #9Birken Vogt2020-11-03 10:37

    I would jump on that YRC rate, that seems very good. Ordinarily I would use a broker, though. The companies usually mess with you if you go direct.

  10. #10treemuncher2020-11-04 22:28

    Last I knew, Fastenal had stopped Blue Lane due to the Covid crap. YRC has good rates, I've used R&L with excellent service and Blue Lane was also good when they were working it. I've also used FreightCenter.com with good results.

  11. #11lantraxco2020-11-08 01:19

    Yep, as far as I know Fastenal is still social distancing so no freight. Basically they have dedicated trucks delivering to their stores on set routes, so any freight they took in went back to the shipping depot in the empty truck, then if needed would be rerouted through connected depots and finally out with deliveries to the nearest store to the receiver. Good idea really.