Everyone probably knows i am trying to clean up some of my stuff and my Dads farm. I had a guy come by and look he bought a pickup load of old tools and some antique stuff . He kind of opened my eyes to what i could sell and get a little money from and what was scrap iron. It isnt easy getting rid of some of my stuff. About everything I own I bought not running or built from junk. So i have tons of bolts fittings parts pieces of steel . I have some stuff like engines ,transmissions that i have tried to sell or even give away but had no luck so far. Like a ford Y block I priced it to a guy for $100.00 and no sell . I hate to but if I dont sell it before long I have been better of scrapping it day one. I guess i need to stop thinking and get rid of stuff. Its not easy just getting some stuff off my chest .
I feel ya man.
It's really hard to get rid of things when you spent your childhood continually rubbing rocks together, hoping to one day get at least a silver bar. I am a terrible pack rat. But, couple days ago had to replace two airbags on one of my belly dumps. Of course, push-type air fittings. Both of them snapped off right at the post. Long story short, I was able to resurrect a couple of MIP x compression adapters from my brass fittings collection. Saved a hour-long trip to town.
Some things become part of you and you wonder if someone else will look after them like you have. Then there's always the situation where you got rid of something and could have used it 2 weeks later.
Dump the whole mess, otherwise nothing will leave, be right back where you started. Hoarding and pack ratting is a terrible addiction, everything becomes life's trinkets of dreamed endeavors. Have a friend that's addicted and has so much stuff/junk he spends more time looking for something to save a buck & time than if he just went and bought it---and 90% of the time he can't find it and if he does find it, it's not in the shape he remembered, it never was, and now it's covered with rust. * Just clean it out and don't look back, you will be happier in the end.
There is no such thing as junk in any shop, unless its like the pickers show with old wood chairs etc. Any metal item is not junk, just go buy another one before you toss what ever it is. Then you will see the value of that so called junk. No piece of metal even the size of your pinky should be tossed, and especially old bolts. Every time I have tossed something the next day or week I need it.
Its not easy getting rid of stuff when you spent your life building and repairing stuff as cheap as you can. What is ruff for me is i get a lot of new bolts,pipe fittings, parts and even new peaces of metal from my scrap iron business that others are getting rid of . Its hard to scrap stuff that i have bought in the past . Its not easy but i have been getting rid of some stuff that is very usable .