Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Shop made boom

Zkdiesel · 2021-06-17 22:34

repurposed wrecker boom. Built it three years ago, has received a few refinements. New valve body with increased operator access in mind

Replies7
  1. #1colson042021-06-17 23:12

    Man that would be handy setting trusses

  2. #2Aarons812021-06-18 08:21

    I would not trust those handles where the chain is attached. Ive seen at least a dozen machines with them ripped off.

  3. #3Zkdiesel2021-06-18 08:46

    Usually from guys trying to remove stuck machines with that as attachment location. I’m not worried about it, still has Hydraulic’s of tilt cylinders hooked up

  4. #4Jonas3022021-06-18 22:20

    I have always wanted a nice boom like that

  5. #5Zkdiesel2021-06-18 23:05
  6. #6DMiller2021-06-20 07:43

    I agree on the safety anchors, also would not want those chains in my face should one decide to fail.

  7. #7KSSS2021-06-20 11:45

    The hyd. tilt will back off as you use it unless you keep actuating it. It would be real easy to only be relying on the chain to hold tension. Maybe putting nylon coverings over the chain would keep it from lashing back into the cab if it broke.