Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

SHOP MANUAL FOR DT-429 ENGINE in a Hough 80A……anyone have one??

Monkeywithawrench ยท 2024-05-18 13:38

Looking for a shop manual for a DT429 engine. So the story........this guy has an ancient loader........said it was working great. Started giving him problems....lack of power. Mechanic #1 was hired, said it was fuel problem. Messed with fuel filters and transfer pump. Replaced transfer pump, then disappeared. Mechanic #2 shows up, says its the injection pump, pulls that off, owner sends it to some place in Florida to get rebuilt........$2500 to have it rebuilt. Get it back months later. Mechanic #2 is too busy to install pump.........so this guy hires Mechanic #3 to install. Still not running correctly. However, with a can of ether; you can get this machine to run............as evidenced by the pile of cans discarded around this machine. Now I'm mechanic #4 trying to decipher WHAT THE HELL is going on. I pulled the injection pump and sent it out to my LOCAL injection shop.........pump was screwed up. They are rebuilding it again. These guys I trust, have used many times before, and have a great reputation. Next thing I need to figure out is if the gear for injection pump got bumped a tooth or 2 or more off. I may be able to sneak a bore scope in to look at the timing marks on the gear train. If I can't..........I'll need to pull the front cover off the engine.......I DO NOT want to do this. It will be time consuming and aggravating..........but if that is what I must do, then it shall be. Basically looking for gear layout and timing mark orientation. Any help would be appreciated.........Thank you in adavance!!

Replies0

No replies yet.