Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Shot in the dark – Hydraulic Pump

Dave Varabioff ยท 2018-09-02 14:48

I have Kobelco SK300LC Serial number YCUO312 - Hydraulic pump part number is 2437U472F3 and need to get about 200 more hours out of my excavator and the job will be done, so I am willing to put a used one in. Then i will sell the excavator Anyone know of a wrecked Kobelco, new Holland etc that has this pump that I may be able to buy 2nd hand? Dave

Replies8
  1. #1mikebramel2018-09-02 15:34

    If it has a Kawasaki pump those can be fixed resonably

  2. #2Dave Varabioff2018-09-02 16:51

    It does in fact have the Kawasaki pump, I have been pricing out parts and just the seals alone are $700, we know it needs cylinder rebuild (or other bearings) as there are brass shavings in the hydraulic oil. Who would you reccomend for parts kits? and thanks for the reply! Dave

  3. #3Dave Neubert2018-09-03 17:40

    A used pump will cost 3-6 thousand if your pump is not completely trashed you can get it repaired either way you will spend a lot of money to get it fixed so you can forget a few hundred dollar repair. just remember it is scrap metal without a pump

  4. #4Dave Neubert2018-09-03 17:41

    Call Ironpeddlers 704-289-8591 they can get you a used one

  5. #5Dave Varabioff2018-09-03 21:26

    I dont expect a few hundred, i just wanna try keep it under 4k (if im doing repairs to this one) I imagine it needs to have bearings and cylinders replaced/relined etc. Brass shavings in the hydraulic oil lead me to believe its nit a simple fix Dave

  6. #6Dave Varabioff2018-09-03 21:26

    Will definitely call them! Thanks!

  7. #7funwithfuel2018-09-04 11:07

    Brass could be travel and swing. Are either giving you trouble?

  8. #8funwithfuel2018-09-04 11:09

    Have you checked your case drain filters. Have you pulled your tank filter?