Attached are two hydraulic fluid samples from two new 5 gallon pales. I purchased both 5 gallon pales from the same store and same manufacture but purchased 7 months apart. Both pales opened the same day. Sample 1. was purchased in December 2016 and the sample was taken from the bottom of the pale. Sample 2. was taken from the top of the second pale which was purchased July 21, 2017. Any ideas?
Most the pails of hydraulic oil I've used will have settling in the bottom if they sat around for a while.
Like Billrog says there can be settling and I have seen a variety of colors from differing brands of the same item.... So with that said were the pails factory sealed? because depending on where you buy stuff around here clever little thieves will buy things like oil, antifreeze, brake fluid, etc....from a place who's name starts with 'Wal' and ends in 'Mart' and use part or all of it then either top the bottle up with water on things like antifreeze or they refill it with used oil!!! I have personally experienced this. So check/test your fluids closely if you buy from places that are frequented by these lowlifes because they are real creative on sealing stuff back so it looks unopened.