Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

should not of parked here.

jmac · 2007-02-27 10:42

View attachment 3918 When I went to plow on of my lots today the owner of the lot said to plow this guy in because he should not park in a lot that has no public parking. He parked his truck in front of the pile that we push so this is the end result. I have to admit, as bad as this sounds, that it was fun.

Replies24
  1. #1Blademan2007-02-27 11:35

    I used to work for a outfit that had a contract to help clean our city's streets back in the day , and it was wild going out after a huge dump of snow and plowing it against all the parked cars that were parked in main thoroghfares . Its common knowledge around here that if you live on a road that is concidered a emergency route , or is has bus traffic , when it snows heavy we go out and just plow it to the curb . Unfortunately , common knowledge is forsaken for the desire to park within the least amount of having to walk to your front door , and as a result , we'd ( usually2 or 3 graders at a time ) pile up the windrow right along side their vehicles . I honestly didn't like doing it , but mostly it was because you'd have to be really careful not to actually hit the car with a 2 foot high pile of snow , YET , get it to within as close as you could AND you had to hustle cause there were many , many miles to go . I saw many a angry people when we'd turn around to do the other side of the road and they'd be out trying to shovel out their cars . I also saw some really angry folks that couldn't be bothered to shovel and would just try to ram their car thru the windrow only to get themselves high-centered .:Banghead Great photo BTW . Looks like you've been busy .

  2. #2jmac2007-02-27 12:01

    I have been busy, the last 4' snow storm we had I plowed 72 hours with out sleep, just food, coffee, and bathroom. I did snow removal and Dump truck work last week. Spent 16 hours in my dump truck one day and that was not fun. Snow plowing for me this year has been for some very long hours, but helped alot with my cash flow.

  3. #3Blademan2007-02-27 12:11

    Money from heaven . WOW , 4 foot snow fall ?? Is that normal for your area ? I only recall once having a huge dump like that ( in our area ) . Made for many long days indeed , but sure feels good when you get a breather and you can look back on what you've accomplished . :notworthy

  4. #4jmac2007-02-27 12:36

    4' in on storm is not normal but happens every couple of years. Our average snow per year is around 150". A 6" snow is common. We do get snow but just north of me they get 250" to 300" per winter. Lake Effect! We had one town about 30 minutes from me get 10' in a couple of weeks this winter.

  5. #5rino14942007-02-27 18:31

    hahahaha, that is great :drinkup

  6. #6cat3202007-02-27 19:08

    I would probably do the same if it was posted not parking. I hope that is a long term rental lol will take time to dig out from that or you could just happen to be around with a machine and charge them to clear it cash before your start of course lol.

  7. #7wrenchbender2007-02-27 20:19

    jmac that's not nice pushing all that white dirt so close to a vehicle now he'll have a hard time getting out of there. BTW is all the dirt in NY white?

  8. #8jmac2007-02-27 22:12

    Wrenchbender, yes as of Jan 1st all the dirt is white!

  9. #9Dozerboy2007-02-28 00:00

    Nice work I have completely buried a car in a mall parking lot. The first storm we just piled it close, it would have taken some work to get free under its own power. The car was still there 2 storms later and I was piling the snow as high as I could with a 966 loader. And if you left your car in the street you would be lucky if you could open your driver side doors after the plows go by and they would take the time to make sure that you weren’t getting out without shoveling.

  10. #10CAT245ME2007-02-28 09:23

    I know here in my area, the city has a law that says you can not park on city streets in a certain time frame because of snow removal, If a vehicle is still by the curb then the vehicle will be towed, as well as it should be. I for one would have had that rental truck towed away, because it should not have been left there and it is in the way. I have an apartment building I plow out and this winter when I get there, a tenent has placed a trailer right in front of were the snow is piled up, the first time I hooked on it and moved it, and then the last snow storm it was back in front of the pile so I went to hook on to it and to my surprise the owner put a lock on the ball latch so it could not be moved, so I went and got a chain and I drug the trailer out of the way and then I burried it. The first time the trailor was in the way the land lord told the tenent to keep it out of the way, he didnt listen so I did what I had to do.

  11. #11jmac2007-02-28 10:40

    That would of been the rite thing to do, but not as much fun.

  12. #12Ford LT-90002007-02-28 15:24

    When I worked at the building supply I asked a person to move their car a couple times they refused so when I unloaded the truck I was unloading I put a lift of lumber in front of the car. The car behind him was too close so he was trapped. I was on a jobsite it was a cramped place I had this guy park his car in the way I needed the space to drive into and back down this other driveway. I asked the guy to move it and of course it was a ignorant idiot he already has made the other neighbour in the area mad. I knew I was going to have troubles because the driveway I was backing down was loose dirt you have to make it in one swing it is too soft to try back down and pull ahead. I got stuck it took alot of manuevering but I got backed down unloaded the load freight. I was still angry so when I drove out I backed close to the ignorant guys car neighbour watching and gave the duallys some spin and covered the car in mud. I know the neighbour he was laughing. The guy with the car complained to the homeowner I was working for. The homeowner told the guy you keep parking your car like that thats what happens. The home owner has told the guy with the car many times don't park your car like that because it prevents trucks backing down the driveway. It is amazing how many people park their vehicals in the stupidest spots and think nothing of it. You tell them don't park there and their reply is why not

  13. #13Countryboy2007-02-28 19:47

    :laugh Thats awesome. When a sign says NO PARKING, I think its pretty self explanitory. ointhead Serves him right.

  14. #14mflah872007-03-02 15:34

    About 15 years ago I was doing a lot with a big old Terex loader I had and one of my guys went in to push a pile up, stop to have a sip of his coffee put the machine in reverse and heard a loud crunch. Someone pulled up parked there car, got out and went shopping. When they came out they had a compact car.

  15. #15Ford LT-90002007-03-02 16:11

    I had the same with one of the sites I was working on running backhoe I was digging into a pile and got a full bucket full and was about to back up and somebody stopped their car behind me they went to talk to a builder I did watch these tree trim guys working on the highway some how one of the flaggers parked their car on wide shoulder of the road the guy driving the tree trim truck (5 ton bucket) with a chipper behind it was backing up. I guess he didn't notice the car and backed the chipper into the hood oops.

  16. #16jmac2007-03-02 16:20

    Sometimes I have had to plow during the day because one of my lots is a drug store and they want everything possible done to allow customers to get to store. Lot is very cramped and with a bunch of cars in alot worse. I have had a full blade of snow in "v" position moving across parking lot a car pulls up in front of me and parks so I can't move forward or backward because of the snow in the blade. Had to wait till they came back out to leave so I could finish the push in the meantime had the whole parking lot looked up so no one could move so this person could get his smokes.

  17. #17CAT245ME2007-03-02 17:15

    I hope you got some pics of that, some people have no clue in life as to what's going on around them. What model was the Terex.

  18. #18thejdman042007-03-03 15:03

    GOod story,.We have jerks that park in the wrong spot all the time. Too darn lazy to walk but go to the gym after work. They are asked very very politely to move their car and never park there again. Second time the fork lift either moves it downt he street, in a no parking zone, or infront the fire hydrant and a "concerned citizen" lets the cops know where hte cars are parked.

  19. #19biggixxerjim2007-03-04 13:00

    I know I absolutely cant stand that. Sometimes I just wanna say of you dont have the brain power to think out something thats at its most difficult is nothing more than logical sence, then just listen to someone that does and dont ask questions :Banghead

  20. #20kamerad472007-03-04 15:36

    Your right people deserve to get plowed in But, A guy I know plowed in 4 buses 1 time in a mall lot. they had to get towed out. It sounds good there was no parking, they deserve it right !! the problem is the next day he had bricks toss threw his windshields of the equipment it cost $$$$ to fix it, could never prove who did it!!!

  21. #21jmac2007-03-04 15:57

    My gut told me not to plow the guy in. My gut told me to have the property owner just tow the truck away. When I got to the lot one of the maintenance guys that works full time for owner of the place I am hired to plow was already pushing all the snow he could in front of the truck and the owner told me to do the same so I did. I don't leave any equipment parked at this lot so that’s good. The last time I drove by on Thursday the truck was still sitting and we had rain on Friday so the snow is all ice now. My wife thinks it was immature of me, what does she know anyways?

  22. #22kamerad472007-03-05 16:49

    I'm just saying it something to think about!!!!

  23. #23alan627b2007-03-05 19:08

    You Did the Right Thing... Look at it this way, JMAC....after they go through all the hassle it will be to free the truck, maybe they will learn to be a little more observant, Some folks just won't learn any other way. C'mon, I'll bet you smirked at least a LITTLE while you did it!

  24. #24jmac2007-03-05 21:20

    Alan, I am a just a dump red neck plow guy so yes I did smirk a bit. But Kamerad made me think a little. So did my wife. Went by today and the truck was moved. Come to find out the warehouse next to the one I plow has a truck just like the one I plowed in. I guess these guys have parking issues all the time. I have to go out tonight and plow lot, wonder if it will be parked in the same spot again? I bet not.