My question is that I have a Mitsubishi 6d34 and im trying to know as much as I can. The repair manual is some help but not entirely. The question I have is there is no fue shut off solenoid on this engine, and some times when I shut the ignition off it will continue to ( rough diesel ) and I have to pull the shut off cable. I believe the stepper motor shuts this engine down completely? can someone confirm I'am correct ? If not please tell me what controls the shut off.... The machine is a 210 and 2003 year. thanks
All of my Mitsubishi powered Caterpillars (3064 & 3066 engines) use the governor motor to pull the fuel to off. At shutdown, the cable pulls to off for 5 seconds, IIRC.
Thats what I Thought , my manual says on the engine, to set the minimum idle speed screw against the linkage when its idling,but if you do the motor cant shut off because the governor or step motor cant pull it to off. thanks again
I think you might have the incorrect manual. Your machine needs the throttle motor calibration to be carried out correctly and it will solve your problem
could you tell me the sequence to calibrate the throttle motor or tell me where I can look it up. thank you
x2
What model is that machine?? SK200 Mark V or SK200 Mark VI.
It is a 210 Mark v
I down loaded a 1200 page manual last week and it explains a lot on recalibration so i am going to try
Any way, all model have the "EMERGENCY STOP KNOB" that can stop the engine in emergency case.
Good luck to you.
The machine i have is an SK 210LC-6. I replaced a stepper motor a couple of years ago, but can't recall the exact process. Mine was done from the operator's display. I think some require you to go behind the seat and mess with the pcm. I recall turning on the ignition while holding either 1 or both buttons. The calibration menu came up and you start the machine. Th machine then goes through it's process of revving to various rpm's and loads. I wish I had a manual.