Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Shut of solenoid on case 850k series 2

looneytunes ยท 2019-04-01 22:54

The shut off on the case 850k has a mind of it's on. Sometimes itll fire up and run half a day then just shut off. Sometimes itll fire and die immediately. I have been tying it back with a piece of wire. I'm not sure if it's a relay or the solenoid going bad. Can anybody tell me the best way to check that. Any help will be appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1thepumpguysc2019-04-02 07:28

    Those solenoids HAVE TO BE ADJUSTED.. even out of the box.. Take it off.. Pull the stop lever on the pump & mark it on the housing w/a marker or pencil.. NOW, W the sol. off energize it & get it to retract ALL THE WAY.. or push it w/ your hand & hold it up to where it lives on the pump.. You'll SEE a difference.. adjust the rod on the sol. The sol. MUST RETRACT ALL THE WAY inorder for it to HOLD.. or you'll burn it up.. Good luck..

  2. #2looneytunes2019-04-02 09:52

    Thank ya sir for the info. I've noticed reaching in where its retracted all the way. Kinda feels like a notch and sometimes stays there. But I don't know why but sometimes it apparently not energized. I can push it up to the retracted position and it even trying to stay even with it running. It's like there's a continuity problem somewhere. Idk but I know what your talking about. The solenoidstill has the boot on it and its never has been off far and I know A few years back i had to reach in and lightly bump it so the machine would die.