Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Shuttle pump gauge

ijoker ยท 2011-09-09 00:34

I have a question for you guys. I have not done any checking yet, but i am curious. My 580b has a gauge on it for the shuttle that is obviously an after market one. An SW. It only goes to 80 lbs. I don't remember specifics, but i read on this forum that the pressure is considerably higher than that. I have also read where guys are saying that "the pressure is in the green". I am convinced the wrong gauge is on there. It pegs on the 80 lbs. It drops a little when you first put it in gear, but pegs right back on the 80. What range is the pressure supposed to be? Also wondering if i should go looking for an after market gauge? Do they make them, other than case, in a high enough pressure? Thanks in advance. Joe :usa

Replies3
  1. #1dwloop2011-09-09 07:51

    Joe, I just put a new one in from Case last weekend. 0 to 300 psi was the range it came with. I'll see if I can look up the part number if you want. It was not where I thought it would be in the parts catalog. EDIT: The gauge part number is 84203230 Dave

  2. #2ijoker2011-09-09 13:04

    Thanks Dave.

  3. #3lbadten2011-10-01 22:42

    ignore this post