Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Shuttle Shifter Electrical issue?

Seananamous ยท 2018-07-29 20:23

I have a New Holland LB75.B which has a shuttle shifter. When I was going up a 10% grade hill, it gave out and rolled backwards safely. Checked the fuse box and my F4/A fuse was blown. Put in another and went reverse, that works, but as soon as I put it in Forward drive, the fuse blows. I'm thinking it could be a solenoid issue or a wire is shorting. What could the issue be? Accessing the Solenoid is a real &*^$%(

Replies3
  1. #1Tinkerer2018-07-30 08:19

    Disconnect the wire(s) on the solenoid, replace the blown fuse. Start the machine and put it in forward. If the fuse still burns out you have a shorted wire. If not, it is likely the solenoid is the problem.

  2. #2Seananamous2018-07-30 22:50

    Thanks for the help. First I removed the plate underneath the cab and checked the wires. the two wires on the Forward solenoid were touching which was causing the issue.

  3. #3Tinkerer2018-07-31 07:07

    Thanks for letting us know the solution !