Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Siamese hose in my Lull boom??

Speedpup ยท 2009-11-21 20:55

I will be rebuilding the guts of a Lull (telehandler) I have. Squirrel nest really sparked this ointhead OEM it came with siamese hose on each side rolling on the sheave reels. Is it better or can I get siamese hoses made locally? I would need two siamese or 4 separate hoses the same length. Can't remember what I have done in the past, I think I did two separate hoses and replaced in pairs before. Any particular type of hose better for this application? OEM was synflex but I think I have used rubber & steel braided before. Thanks for the tips!

Replies3
  1. #1willie592009-11-21 21:23

    Twin line hose would work best in this application. Your local hose shop should be able to make it. I have seen others replace with individual braided steel rubber hoses, with success, but the hoses have to be exact identical lengths, or you can get slack in a hose and flip it off a sheave. Also, comparing the two hoses with equal ID, the braided steel hose will probably have a larger OD than the twin line hose, your application may or may not be happy with larger OD, just something to note.

  2. #2Speedpup2009-11-21 21:29

    Paul thanks for your highly valued advise once again! .:drinkup

  3. #3willie592009-11-21 21:33

    Hey, your welcome. I can offer advice on hose, can't help ya with the squirrels making you go...nuts!