Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Significant differences between ’97 and ’95 JD 310d?

Finca SDR ยท 2021-01-24 00:08

Hola everyone, So now I'm looking at this '95 JD 310d hoe that costs somewhere around 10k usd. I currently have a '97 310d but am looking for a spare to expand my bizness with or to have around just in case. Part of me wants to wait around for a decent, if somewhat more expensive, deal on a newer hoe. Another part of me likes the low price of this one that's available now, along with the fact that I'm already used to working on it, I have the books, got some spare parts around, and if necessary I can raid one for parts to keep the other running if it were to become necessary. That last point is why I'm writing this question: does anyone know if there is a significant difference between the '97 and '95 versions of this machine? Like, reversers, hydraulic pumps, differentials, etc? In the parts manual I have for it it says one part number for serial numbers before - - - - and another for after. '97 I think is the last year it was made, before the E's came out. Haven't gone to look at it yet, wanna get my thoughts straight before I drive halfway across the country and waste the owners time. For comparisons sake, there's a nice 310E for sale also for about 7000 dollars more, a screaming deal. But it's got no paperwork, none. Can't get it street legal, it could be stolen so it's not a real option. But opportunities come and go here in Costa Rica, been watching the market for a while. Any insight or advice? Thanks!

Replies1
  1. #1mg23612021-01-24 05:37

    If you ask the seller for the serial number you can look on Deere's parts website to see if part numbers match up with your serial number. Might save you a trip. The reverser changes with serial number change as well as the hydraulics' (pump and control valves).