A little while back I sold my tired old 580CK, was a solid machine but I was tired if having no cab and wasn't interested in splitting it to do a clutch. I've run across a few replacement machines but many were either junk or out of my price range. However, I was offered a 580G, which is never heard of before. From what little info I've seen, these were gray market machines meant for sale in Europe. The particular unit is 4x4, extendahoe, with the 4in1 front bucket. Has the David Brown diesel in it. From what the owner tells me, it runs great and works fine, the only real issue with it is that the front differential is messed up. He says the yoke for the front driveshaft won't turn so the front shaft is out if the machine. Other than that from the pictures he sent me jt looks solid and he's only asking 7500obo. My big question is are these machines on par with the Es and are parts findable for them, or should I stay away and wait for something US made? I'll try to post up the pics he sent me
Please excuse the spelling errors, this is sent from my phone not my PC
Those 2 cans of Knocka-Knocka juice in the cab should give you some insight about engine condition...Looks like a smokin' deal for $7500 but could be a money pit...
He claims he avoids using ether as much as possible, and that the thing runs good and don't smoke or anything. Says fir winter starts he sticks a heater under it for a while
Here is an interesting read about that G. Goose really knows the Case line-up. Too bad he hasn't posted in over a year. HeavyEquipmentForums
Well...Is it in your yard yet???
No not yet haha, the seller won't be around until this weekend. However I also just found a decent 680H at a lower price than the 580, so I'm gonna take a look at that machine first, since it would better suit my needs anyway
Quick closing update, finally found a machine. Ended up with a 580E that I got for fairly cheap, needs a few things here and there but mechanically it's a solid unit and I'm very happy with it, glad I waited
Quick closing update, finally found a machine. Ended up with a 580E that I got for fairly cheap, needs a few things here and there but mechanically it's a solid unit and I'm very happy with it, glad I waited
Good choice
It's a beauty...
Another example of taking your time when looking for any kind of construction equipment. It always has its rewards. Nice looking 580E. Are you going to fix the door rot ?
Congrats, and good luck!!
.... all right.. !! .... let the fun commence.....
Always late on posts here, but how is the E holding up? Dad bought a G new in 1985 and it was the best Case machine he ever owned. It appears to be a identical twin to the one you looked at. The G's are twice the machine of the E's or any 580 machine period. In more common terms, the G's are comparable to the 590's.
Good grief! I have GOT to start looking at the original post dates.
Lol... I only get on here every once in a while...
Ended up selling the E about 2-3 years ago. Was a spectacular machine for the time I had it though, never had a single issue with it besides blowing a rear tire right in front of the buyer when we were loading it only got rid of it for something with more reach The 580 wasn't great for **** like this, the front of the machine was always in the way. Plus it of course lacked the raw strength of a purpose built loader. Been a little over 2 years with this thing and I'd say it was a pretty worthwhile trade
Thanks, now I don’t have a crick in my neck.