Hey guys, I just got a new problem with my 310B JD hoe. Since I've had the hoe, the hydrolics, lifting and digging, would work good one day and bad, not enough power the next. It has about 2800 hours on it. I changed the filters about a year ago when I bought it. A while back, it blew a hydrolic line under the machine and dumped about 7 gallons in just a few seconds. What a mess. That's the only thing that's happened lately. That was a few months ago. I've used the hoe for small jobs, so I didn't really get to give it a good workout. Today was different. Now it makes noise from the pump. The noise is a sharp squeal. The noise changes in pitch when digging or lifting. The power is maybe 30% of what it was and the hoe shakes when lifting or digging. It still has the power it had to the drive wheels. My question is, is this a symptom of a failing hydro pump or maybe a sticking valve somewhere in the hydro system? Thanks for any and all help anyone can offer. Dave Stokes
i am new to this forum hey, i dont know if this is right, but if you lost 7 gallons from a hose, it may be that you have a bubble in your system? i dont know if you have to bleed that system or not, but it seems possible... that could be bad. also, i have some questions of my own, but i am not allowed to post new threads. is that because i just strated here or is there a general ban on new threads? good luck
Welcome to HEF DrKing! :drinkup Check out the red links in my signature for answers to some of your questions. :thumbsup