Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Silicone Spray?

RobVG ยท 2012-07-14 16:42

Found a few cans of silicone spray lube laying around. I've never used it. Do you guy's use it and if so what do you use it on?

Replies15
  1. #1RobVG2012-07-14 23:34

    That useful huh? Guess I'll toss it.

  2. #2willie592012-07-14 23:52

    I use it occasionally when assembling components that have rubber/silicone seals that have dry friction when assembling. A shot of spray silicone causes the component to slip together with ease, and not leave an oily/greasy mess in its wake. Also handy for fitting rubber jacketed cables, SO SJO, through cord grips, silicone spray takes away the friction when fitting these electric cables.

  3. #3Legdoc2012-07-15 02:28

    Use silicone spray on vehicle weather strips and the window glides. Legdoc

  4. #4dirty4fun2012-07-15 06:04

    I use it around the house to lubricate door locks, sliding doors, and double hung windows. When replacing a door sweep it takes most of the work out of the job. It doesn't leave a film that attracts dirt.

  5. #5TEC2012-07-15 12:24

    I use it for a lot of the same things when at work, on wire for electrical/plumbing in homes and on the car. Car weather strip and window guides, first thing I try when power windows start moving slow. have it in my toolbox just like WD40

  6. #6willie592012-07-15 12:51

    Pretty much anywhere you need a lubricant, but don't wan't an oil residue left behind. Still gonna toss those cans Sir Rob? :tong

  7. #7tuney4432012-07-15 12:55

    All good uses-other ones -- to silicone out moisture on wires on harnesses on trucks,iron,distributor caps,rubber seals on large air filters---one warning--DON'T ever spray silicone in a body shop--creates havoc with paint bonding.

  8. #8RobVG2012-07-15 13:18

    Okay I was wondering about that. I've heard the same thing about Armor All. :umno

  9. #9Trashman2012-07-15 15:25

    We use it to lube the walls of our cardboard baler.

  10. #10Steve Frazier2012-07-15 16:17

    Distributor cap??? What's a distributor cap?? :wink2

  11. #11willie592012-07-15 16:52

    That's funny. It's a gizmo from antique cars of the past century Steve. :tong

  12. #12rare ss2012-07-20 06:27

    i used to use ot all the time, very useful when your removing bolts or pins that are tight and require heating with an oxy as the silicon spray doesnt steam off like crc or WD40 does

  13. #13maddog2012-07-20 07:44

    use it on electrical connections to help prevent water problems. Also use it to wetproof boots coats etc....

  14. #14orville2012-07-26 22:07

    I have used it to lubricate my ignition switch so I could turn the key, and also on door locks when I would get door ajar lights. You could give it to your wife or girl friend so she can use it on horizontal sliding blinds.

  15. #15Effinay2012-07-27 21:41

    I spray it on my wife's snow shovel. That way she can get more done with less moanin' and groanin'......