Picked this up this weekend for my kids, It was easier to just lift it over the back fence then to disassemble it and take it out piece by piece through the side gate. The swings and tube slide are in the pickup parked out front. Those cranes are kinda handy for all sorts of things.
A few years ago my sister in law called me and asked if I could come over and fix the nephews go cart. So I cleared it with the boss to use my service truck to go over there and do the repair. He had a good time with me and got some good pictures of his go cart hanging off the crane.
I should have gotten some pics of my HD rollback with the neighbor's 3 story playhouse on it. I was 11' wide and 13' 4" tall. They were moving and told the kids they'd have to leave it, so the kids came and got me. My son is grown and married, but I'm still getting conned into things by children. (I'm probably gonna be in real trouble when my son has kids.)
I am glad I am not the only nut that would do it the same as you. My 3 year old would want to run the crane for me.
Yeah Grandpa you're gonna be in trouble but love every minute of it. Goodmanstruck, your lucky all you had to do was lift the assembled rig into the truck and then place it over the fence. I have friends that have bought these kits and it took them 1-2 days to put it together for their kids and grandkids. They were cussing the instructions and all the little parts and pieces that go in to it.:bash
My nephew is the only one in the immediate family that is interested in equipment. I took him to one of our equipment spreads when he was four. He was a little intimidated when he was looking at dozers and scrapers that he couldn't push or see the top of. He was eight when I came over and repaired his go cart. He loved running the crane. If I remember correctly, he wanted to try to lift his mom's car. The crane would have been able but the eight year old operator was not.
did the same exact job with my service truck. built the units on the driveway where it was flat and clean and then picked them up with the crane and moved them to the backyard to finish assembly, one of the most important things i did with that truck...................................theironoracle
Just put one togther for my grandson you had the right idea. Probably 24 hrs a big part of which was unpacking and sorting. Those Chinese know how to pack.
I did the same thing for my neighbors. They used to leer at me when i would come home from work tired with my boom truck and leave it over night. Till their little darlings wanted a playhouse in the backyard over the fence. Then i was their best friend.
Just another entry on the long, long, long list of uses for a service truck crane. I've never picked up a play fort but I have picked up a 10x20 deck from the front of trailer house and sat it on a flatbed trailer to move to another trailer house.