Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

simon aerial lift

HQ Junkie · 2020-08-22 14:41

i have a Simon aerial lift serial # DCA 05335, i would like to know what year it was made

Replies12
  1. #1southernman132020-08-23 18:05

    What model is it? Is it a straight boom or a knuckle boom

  2. #2HQ Junkie2020-08-24 12:24

    it is a 41/24 knuckle boom, gas (dual fuel) engine

  3. #3southernman132020-08-24 16:21

    Tenfo I’ll see if I can find anything but I’m guessing early 89/90 ish. Is it 4WD

  4. #4HQ Junkie2020-08-24 23:44

    no i wish it was

  5. #5southernman132020-08-25 01:44

    Probably better off. The 4wd units had bronco running gear. They didn’t hold up too well at all. Way too much weight for those little axles. They broke a lot

  6. #6HQ Junkie2020-08-25 09:46

    so while i am asking questions ,do you know if the differential is a ford 1 ton??, the ring & pinion + bearings are shot the ratio is 410:1. the tag on the axle housing is top line( S194K ), bottom line is (4D10 10 2 4D06)

  7. #7southernman132020-08-25 13:24

    No sir. I don’t. I’ll get a number or email for u. I know the dude his dad started Simon Aerial

  8. #8HQ Junkie2020-08-26 11:13

    thanks any help will & is appreciated

  9. #9skata2020-08-26 15:13

    Didn't they put the year on the serial tag? I just looked at an old Simon and it had the year on it.

  10. #10southernman132020-08-26 17:25

    Not that familiar with the Simon tags. I’ve been around the Simon’s but I’ve been around them. Been in the lift business since like 83. When they came out the the ATC 40 4x4 they were very popular. They didn’t hold up very well. The running gear was from ford broncos and was way to light to handle the weight. That was around 88/89ish. They boasted about simplicity with hyd controls but they had a bunch of hyd hoses running to the basket. I think your machine may be a silver eagle. They had some nice straight 40’ booms and some 60’s. I’m not sure why they quit manufacturing them. I don’t remember if I knew lol

  11. #11southernman132020-08-26 17:26

    Meant to say I’ve been around them but never owned one

  12. #12skata2020-08-26 19:26

    Yeah all the hydraulic hoses to the basket scare me. I think terex bought Simon, rebranded for a little while then just phased them out.