Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Simon Eagle 32/21 electric

Wiam ยท 2012-09-17 11:07

Just bought a Simon 32/21. Now I find it needs the motor that runs the hydraulic pump. Where is there a dealer for these or where can I find a Bosch motor? William

Replies13
  1. #1willie592012-09-17 19:16

    Parts for Simon Aerials are supported by Genie Lift / Terex. http://www.genielift.com/en/index.htm

  2. #2barklee2012-09-17 23:12

    Alexander Equipment used to have a lot of parts for these old Simons. 815-933-2122

  3. #3oldplynut2012-10-04 21:30

    William, I have a simon eagle 32/21 also and am trying to get it operational. Aerial Specialists, inc Racine, Wis 262-632-2458 has a lot of parts. Does your machine have the old SCR controller and Logic's board? The mice got to mine and am having a hard time reconstructing it. Do you have a components repair manual, they are rare? Or maybe be able to take a close up of the SCR unit. My machine has the 6 bolt wheels and is one of the first units made. any help would be appreciated. Let me know if i can help you with anything. I am new at it but have learned a lot quick. Gordon 515-460-3244

  4. #4Wiam2012-10-05 09:31

    I am very new to lifts. I do not know the age of mine. I have a price from Terex on a motor with pump of like $3600 and undetermined back order time (min 60 days). I have found another brand motor that is supposed to fit for about $800 so I think I am going with that. I would take a picture of SCR controller if you tell me what I am looking for?

  5. #5oldplynut2012-10-05 13:08

    32/21 simons Hi William, If yours has the 6 bolt wheels, it is of the same vintage as mine. Others have told me that the kind of wheels it has on it is an indication of its age. The SCR controller is under the upper turret on the drive unit just above the drive axle differential under a square cover. I don't know what the price of your motor would be from Aerial Specialists but they have been reasonable on the parts I have got from them and they are the original parts as I understand it. The man who runs the place actually wrote the book on these machines, so he is good. I believe he bought out their inventory when they sold out. His web site is aerialspecialists.com He handles parts for many of these old machines of different makes. Thanks, Jim

  6. #6VoodooMojo2012-10-05 14:12

    Is the motor so bad it cannot be rebuilt? Here is a link to a service manual for your machine: one of these two: http://manuals.gogenielift.com/Terex Aerials/Simon/Technical/89-412790.pdf http://manuals.gogenielift.com/Terex Aerials/Simon/Technical/89-411778.pdf give them time to load, they are quite large files. and another for other older stuff: http://manuals.gogenielift.com/Terex Aerials/1 index SERVICE.prn.pdf

  7. #7Wiam2012-10-05 15:46

    It does have 6 bolt wheels. Is the SCR the thing that looks kind of like an inverter? re rebuilding...........the armature has issues. Where the brushes ride has gotten so hot 2 of the strips are not attached. I have found a rebuilt armature from Jeff Warfield Electric for $595 with a $600 core charge and I still should put new brushes in it. I am thinking for only $200 more I would get a new motor.

  8. #8Wiam2012-10-05 16:19

    Oldplynut, are any of those manual links like you machine? They are similar but not the same as mine.

  9. #9oldplynut2012-10-06 12:58

    32/21 manuals I had found them before and they are not the same. Been a while since I researched them but I believe they are the Boxer model that was made in maybe Ireland(?) and are completely different. Aerial specialists had the correct manuals for both of my older machines (I have a Manlift Inc. MZ40 also) and he got me serial number specific Manuals for my machine. My Simons Eagle was made 80% in the UK and 20% in US if I correctly remember what I was told.

  10. #10Wiam2012-10-06 14:08

    Oldplynut is this what you need?

  11. #11Wiam2012-10-06 15:05

    oldplynut; is this like your valve bank?

  12. #12oldplynut2012-10-06 21:19

    32/21 Yes that is the same valve bank and it was the correct picture of the drive motor controller, however your machine is newer than mine so you have a newer model controller and nothing is the same in that area. Thanks for trying! Later Gordon

  13. #13patrick weber2017-08-25 15:23

    Good afternoon guys i see this was a long time ago but i need a little help locating a swing motor assembly for my 32/21 simon lift can anyone help