Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

simple operation cost

alonzo ยท 2014-01-07 05:56

Hi Dear All! My question to wish you H.N.Y. may be trivial. How to estimate simply the operating cost of heavy equipment element? (lets say a filter) This formula Unit price (of filter) X Consumption (of filter) =Cost (of the filter changed) If I divided the cost by the number of hour the equipment has been running before the changes, I will have the operating cost per hour. So can I relate that cost to the one I will get if the element is changed regularly (every 500 hours for example), as the maintenance planning recommend it? Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Old Doug2014-01-09 11:04

    If you are trying to get a real close cost per hour on runing equipment i dont think you will get very close. There are alot of stuff to think about. Alot of guys dont make it in the buiessness because of this.

  2. #2AlldayRJ2014-01-09 20:09

    Yea dont forget tires, fluids etc

  3. #3Acivil2014-01-09 22:23

    If you're just talking about the cost per hour, filter component of the overall cost per hour of operating a machine you would need to do unit price/consumption+Labor to replace+potential revenue lost to down time of part allocation and replacement. Then you could run that cost vs the cost of regular scheduled maintenance.