Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

SISU Reach Stacker Job 100,000lb cap. machine

Taylor95042 ยท 2012-06-16 18:32

Iam headed up to Brooklynn NY. to a Waste Mgnt. yard Sunday night thru Wednesday to change boom pins and bushings and pack both lift cyls. on a SISU 100,000lb container handler. I will take as many photos as I can as, should be a fun job

Replies7
  1. #1Taylor950422012-06-18 21:12

    A few pics from day, remove left side lift cyl. pin, Install new pin and bushing

  2. #2Taylor950422012-06-19 19:06

    Here are a few more, check out the eyes on the boom hanger and chassis, called to suggest we line bore this and do the job proper his answer.....just make it work for now.

  3. #3bolt thrower2012-06-19 19:08

    Cool< That's a pretty serious looking tractor! I suppose they use it to load trash to haul off on barges? You able to re-seal cylinders in field? More pics!

  4. #4Phill2012-06-19 21:28

    Bolt Thrower, its a cool beast but i believe it handles Shipping containers, from trucks and stacks them around the yard.

  5. #5John C.2012-06-19 22:23

    The shape of those holes are pretty common for reach stackers. Do these machines use the spherical ball bushings in the boom foot and cylinder rod eyes? I worked some Terex units that were just the devil to get apart. The pin in the boom would seize and you couldn't take the mess apart. More than once we had to use slice torches to tear the machines down.

  6. #6Taylor950422012-06-20 05:40

    Phill is right, Bolt thrower the machine is used to move oversea's containers, it is a reach stacker it can stack as high as 4 containers. Yes we do reseal cyl. in the field. I will post more of this job tomorow we should wrap up late day. I work on some very unusuall equipment I will post more of future jobs if guys are interested, like Tom V we get into some very intircate work, lots of fabrication work. Rich.

  7. #7Taylor950422012-06-20 05:49

    Yeah John they have self align. bushings in the rod end, the boom pins @ the rear actually came out easy the the chassis brackets were worn so bad when we put the new pins and bushings in I had to weld the the pins in place so the wouldnt turn during operation, normally we would have line bored and installed bushings howecer the customer wanted to save money so we thunk outside the box if ya what I mean. We also tear down and assemble new and used top picks, reach stackers and large lift trucks all over theeastern US. Rich.