I need a good battery charger I have a truck load of Smuckers chargers at the shop and all are junk I just blew up one complete with fire and smoke and blew a bunch of fuses on eletronics so no more Smuckers. Who makes a good charger and nothing from China. Yes the charger was connected properly an it was a 200 amp charger set for 40 amp charge. Most all our equipment has more than one battery on it but that should not be an issue.
No personal experience (yet) but they are on my short list when my current charger fails. http://www.usabatterychargers.com/index.html Ed
Pricey, but I think it has been worth it. I had a few batteries that were going to the recyclers, used the recondition feature and there back to work. They were probably sulfated, but I had tried everything. Tom
I've had an Associated brand 12v charger for 50 years....still working like a champ. I've never checked, they prolly don't even make em anymore.
Associated 6002B is the one to buy.
I have an Associated which puts out 6,12,18 and 24 volts. Not sure of the model number on it. This one is only about two years old. Had an Associated for years previous to this that was destroyed by fire. Associated chargers are expensive but you get what you pay for.
Got one ordered will give my thoughts after I use it.
I have an Associated battery charger that looks like the 6010 but I think it has 440 amp assist. It's a great charger, but the Ctek has done the same job plus revived a few batteries. The Associated charger has held up being dragged around and tossed in a pick up for years, all leads, power cord, and knobs are original. Tom
TEC, which model of Ctek battery charger do you have? I am looking at the 7002 model. I have a couple of Exide orbital AGM batteries that are a year old that won't take a charge (lost reciept so can't get them warrantied either). Didn't get frozen either, just want to see if they can be revived.
I purchased a Associated 6010A several years ago, used it alot ,trouble free. They also put 500 amp clamps one there cables so you get good current flow. They sell all parts, these are repairable, not throw away. http://associatedequip.com/products/#all
I have a 7002 and it has been a excellent charger, doesn't have a start assist. My friend has a Ctek 25000 which will fast charge and for jumping uses a big 220v Associated on a cart.