Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Site issues

Scrub Puller ยท 2017-08-06 15:39

Yair Well after nearly three and a half thousand posts I have had it with this site . . . It seems the designers have decided I don't need to format posts( and use bold and colour and quotes) and I still cannot access some posts until I put up a post (xxxx) of my own. And, to top things off, I have started getting HEF post prompts in my email which I have tried to stop to no avail . . . I don't need this crap. Like modern machinery, the site is getting loaded down with gee gaws and features I never use. I certainly have enjoyed my time here, and I will miss you all like crazy but can't stand the aggravation . . . I may drop by from time to time. I have been told there is one machinery site that is still power-shift and pre-emissions so I might go for a lap over there. Cheers.

Replies11
  1. #1lantraxco2017-08-06 16:08

    Sorry to see you go Scrub, but I understand.... be well, and maybe if God smiles upon us we'll see you somewhere again.

  2. #2digger242j2017-08-06 16:17

    I'm not sure why you're having the particular problems you are, Scrub. The formatting options are there for me: Anybody else missing them? The old "Quote" function is one that I miss as well. I liked just being able to paste a line of text in, highlight it, and then hit a Quote button. The new system would ok as an addition, but it's a less than desirable replacement. As for "post prompts" in your email, I'm not sure what you mean by that. And also, I have no idea why you have such trouble accessing posts. I'm not sure anybody else has complained about that particular problem.

  3. #3hosspuller2017-08-06 16:31

    Are you sure the problem is this site ?? I have no problems .

  4. #4lantraxco2017-08-06 16:36

    Scrub, what are you running, Windows or? And what browser, IE or Firefox, or Chrome? I use Google Chrome mostly.

  5. #5d9gdon2017-08-11 10:12

    I want to know why this site jumps around when I'm trying to read it. It never used to do that. Aggravating as hell. When I open a page to read, it will jump down about a third of a page suddenly after I've had the page open about 10 seconds or so. It's like what happens when you open a post with a bunch of pictures that take a little time to load.

  6. #6CM19952017-08-11 10:18

    I'm not having these problems either and I'm on a Mac using Safari. The formatting options are there for me as well. Digger the Quote function is listing in the + next to the media button. You can use it same as before. I copied your post, highlighted it and hit the quote button.

  7. #7Delmer2017-08-11 17:25

    I have this issue consistently also. I go the "new posts" and it brings me to the pictures that have been posted for days, scroll down to the bottom where the new post is, an it insists I go back up and see how much of that old pic it's downloaded.

  8. #8digger242j2017-08-11 18:04

    Well I'll be... Thanks CM. I just learnt something new. I'd never even clicked on that + button. Now I know how to strike through too.

  9. #9Hobbytime2017-08-11 18:15

    yup same issue here...

  10. #10thepumpguysc2017-08-11 18:29

    I got the OPPOSITE problem.. lol I JUST STARTED getting email notices of "new posts" to a thread.. after a year of "complaining" about not getting them.. A BIG thank you.. to whoever straightened THAT out.. TPG

  11. #11Tinkerer2017-08-11 21:01

    I was getting email notices that there was a new post in a thread on the site. I didn't request or subscribe to anything. But I guess I had inadvertently clicked on the watch thread button. It replaces the recent post button when you go to read a post. It is at the top of Scrub Puller's first post in this thread on the right. Click on it and a box appears and you can subscribe for email notifications or you can cancel . I hope Scrub comes back and reads his thread. I am sure we could figure out what his problems are.