Can someone here tell me what is a typical drop in elevation 50 ft or 100 ft from house pad? Water drainage isnt much of a concern. W. Central florida sand. Very loamy Thanks
100 to 50 ft? I am guessing you mean horizontal distance with that, but as long as water can get away from the house there isn't really a set distance. If you can get the footer drains to work by gravity you are in great shape.
I meant to say a distance of 50 ft or 100 ft. Just an example
I don't know that there is a 'typical' elevation change???? every site is different... all depends on the area... if you're building on hills you might have 20-200 foot change if you out on the flats it won't be an inch...
Thanks for the input. I would have thought I needed alot more pitch just because
Well around here code dictates 2 percent at 10 feet... but after that it's what you make it gets real tricky when you're putting in houses with 10 feet between them
What kind of foundation for the house - monolithic slab on grade? If so You'll need 6" below FFE or the siding to the ground then slope away. If you are worried about drainage it's always prudent to raise the building pad a few feet from the surrounding area then you have more leverage in the final grading. In another life when I built houses, I always made sure the building pad was at least 1' above curb on a 60' wide lot.
For sure CM1995, It is a sorry sight to see houses in my area with driveways sloping downhill towards the houses just because someone didn't bring in fill material to do it right.